Mordhau

How to run a dedicated server (Windows)

3 17
 Bauer

Hello,

I am having an issue. I am trying to run a dedicated server on my spare laptop and looking at the log it says it was created successfully. When I get on my main PC I can see my server but when I try to go into it it says joining server, the cancel button greys, and after a few minutes says connection lost. Any ideas why this is happening?

EDIT NEVERMIND I FIGURED IT OUT. If anyone else has this issue I forwarded the ports on the front page but apparently there are more ports you need to forward and someone has them listed a few pages back. Worked great KTHX

12 0
  • 4 May
 Serail

Hello! I just started my own server by the instructions here but I'm running into a problem.

My friend cannot see or join my server. I have forwarded the required ports (7777, 7778, 27015), and I can join the server by finding it in the LAN section of the serverbrowser.

However, my friend and I cannot find it in the internet server browser, nor can either of us join using the "open -myip:7777- console command. (I can join through the localhost command however)

I just don't see what the issue might be, and if any of you have any thoughts, tips or solutions for me, it would help out a lot.

Thanks.

1 0
  • 5 May
 Das_Moks

Please help me! I tried to run a dedicated server, and i got it so far, that it shows up in the LAN section of the serverbrowser. But I can NOT, for the love of god, manage it to get it showing in the Internet section! What am I doing wrong? I forwarded 7777, 7778, 27015, 27016, 4777 and 4778 in UDP and TCP in my FritzBox, I tried turning off the firewall as well as allowing named ports in the firewall. Windows Firewall and Kaspersky Internet Security are running, I tried turning BOTH off and allowing the ports in BOTH of them... I don't know what to try next.... Please help me, I'd enjoy having my own ded server for me and my friends so much...

1 0

So I have setup a dedicated server (steam cmd and windows) and it is working. Problem is that my ethernet provider only have DS-Lite. It means that I use an IPv4 address with different users and the problem with lite is no one can find my computer with the IPv4 address. For me there are two options IPv6 or VPN. I tried to connect my server with open IPV4 adress and it works but with IPv6 it don't. Now I am trying with Hamachi (to play with friends only) and the problem is that with open Hamachi IPv4 address even I can't connect to the server with the IP. So is there a option to set the IP of the server in the settings ? (Killing floor 2 is working totaly fine with hamachi IP so my hamachi connection is working and I didn't need to set the server IP it worked automaticaly).

5 2
 erisco

Followed all instructions but I cannot see the server on the LAN or the Internet. I can run PortQry (https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=17148) on port 7777 and the Mordhau server logs a connection attempt. When I run netstat on the server, Modhau does have 7777 and 27015 bound on UDP. Any ideas?

Here is the server log:

https://pastebin.com/KvFMmjqh

UPDATE I:
Has now appeared on the Internet tab, but still does not appear on the LAN tab.

UPDATE II:
No longer appears on the Internet tab. I never stopped the server. It just vanished.

4 0
  • 5 May
 Atlas1205

I hosted a dedi server on my computer, ports are all open (DMZ/passthrough), I can join, other games' servers work fine too. But when it comes to Mordhau and my friends tried to join me through the party they got either "the server does not allow joining at this time" or "failed to find server". Any idea how to fix this?

2 0

So I have made the server and it is running others can join but I cannot?
Can anyone tell me why?

Running it off of same PC.

13 2
  • 6 May
 Rumple

Is there a way to reduce round times? I'd like for level changes to happen sooner.

13 2
  • 6 May
 Rumple

@Tempertibbs said:
So I have made the server and it is running others can join but I cannot?
Can anyone tell me why?

Running it off of same PC.

Are you not able to find it or do you crash when loading the LAN section of the server browser?

8 0

Is there any way to raise the time limit of a Skirmish round? For example to 5 minutes? Or make it so that the game doesn't end when the timer reaches 0.

Count 239 267

@Rumple said:
Is there a way to reduce round times? I'd like for level changes to happen sooner.

@RubberDinghyRapids said:
Is there any way to raise the time limit of a Skirmish round? For example to 5 minutes? Or make it so that the game doesn't end when the timer reaches 0.

Currently these are the only additional options for increasing or decreasing the length of a game match. To increase the time, increase the numbers below to match the game mode type. Decrease time, decrease the numbers accordingly.

New Mode Controls - add to Game.ini
[/Game/Mordhau/Blueprints/GameModes/BP_SkirmishGameState.BP_SkirmishGameState_C]
RoundDuration=300

[/Game/Mordhau/Blueprints/GameModes/BP_DeathmatchGameMode.BP_DeathmatchGameMode_C]
ScoreToWin=3000

[/Game/Mordhau/Blueprints/GameModes/BP_DeathmatchGameState.BP_DeathmatchGameState_C]
MatchDurationMax=1200

[/Game/Mordhau/Blueprints/GameModes/BP_TeamDeathmatchGameMode.BP_TeamDeathmatchGameMode_C]
TeamScoreToWin=1000

[/Game/Mordhau/Blueprints/GameModes/BP_TeamDeathmatchGameState.BP_TeamDeathmatchGameState_C]
MatchDurationMax=1200

8 0

@ĶiĻăƦesrumpMcBøøgerballls said:

@Rumple said:

Currently these are the only additional options for increasing or decreasing the length of a game match. To increase the time, increase the numbers below to match the game mode type. Decrease time, decrease the numbers accordingly.

New Mode Controls - add to Game.ini
[/Game/Mordhau/Blueprints/GameModes/BP_SkirmishGameState.BP_SkirmishGameState_C]
RoundDuration=300

[/Game/Mordhau/Blueprints/GameModes/BP_DeathmatchGameMode.BP_DeathmatchGameMode_C]
ScoreToWin=3000

[/Game/Mordhau/Blueprints/GameModes/BP_DeathmatchGameState.BP_DeathmatchGameState_C]
MatchDurationMax=1200

[/Game/Mordhau/Blueprints/GameModes/BP_TeamDeathmatchGameMode.BP_TeamDeathmatchGameMode_C]
TeamScoreToWin=1000

[/Game/Mordhau/Blueprints/GameModes/BP_TeamDeathmatchGameState.BP_TeamDeathmatchGameState_C]
MatchDurationMax=1200

Yea I already found your post a few pages earlier but thanks

8 0

@Rumple said:

while we're at it, do you happen to have any idea on how to not get kicked due to Idle? Sometimes as an admin I like to overview the server from spectator mode but I get kicked very quickly cuz I'm "idling"

Count 239 267

@erisco said:
Followed all instructions but I cannot see the server on the LAN or the Internet. I can run PortQry (https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=17148) on port 7777 and the Mordhau server logs a connection attempt. When I run netstat on the server, Modhau does have 7777 and 27015 bound on UDP. Any ideas?

Here is the server log:

https://pastebin.com/KvFMmjqh

UPDATE I:
Has now appeared on the Internet tab, but still does not appear on the LAN tab.

UPDATE II:
No longer appears on the Internet tab. I never stopped the server. It just vanished.

For servers to appear and not appear in the server browser is not uncommon. There are still some issues on their backend. It is also the same reason why the server browser takes so long to load. The same is true when you spin up a server, that it can take a while for it to connect to the master servers. Most of the time though your servers will show up on others browsers. I know when i spin up ours, the servers get filled very quickly even when they do no show up for me in my browser. If people are joining then you know it is showing up.

SO, do like we do and know your IP address of your server and use the "OPEN" command if they do not show up for you. It is faster than waiting for the browser to load. I manage 3 servers at the moment and most of the time they do show up but not always.

Count 239 267

@Rumple said:

while we're at it, do you happen to have any idea on how to not get kicked due to Idle? Sometimes as an admin I like to overview the server from spectator mode but I get kicked very quickly cuz I'm "idling"

The only thing I have found is a setting in the DefaultGame.ini and the BaseGame.ini that might allow spectators without being kicked but not confirmed that it works or if you place this command in your Game.ini. I am still looking for the correct INI setting to fix this, if it exists.

[/Script/Engine.GameSession]
MaxSplitscreensPerConnection=1
bRequiresPushToTalk=False
MaxPlayers=0
MaxSpectators=0

Hopefully this works or they will implement it later.

8 0

@Rumple said:

The only thing I have found is a setting in the DefaultGame.ini and the BaseGame.ini that might allow spectators without being kicked but not confirmed that it works or if you place this command in your Game.ini. I am still looking for the correct INI setting to fix this, if it exists.

MaxPlayers=0
MaxSpectators=0

Thank you lots for your help but it didn't seen to have worked. I still get kicked eventually for idling. The line you provided also seems to get automatically removed from Game.ini when I start a server. Hopefully the devs will address this.

Now I just need to figure out as to why the server keeps randomly dying when it has been working for a while. The server is being shown in the server browser and it still shows that it has players in it but when me or anyone tries to connect to it, the connection fails and the "cancel" button gets greyed out and the only thing you can do is restart the game. The updates in the server cmd log completely stop as well when this happens. It's like the server is still kinda running and it maintains the illusion of it working but it's really dead. I hope this isn't a problem with a dedicated server but something on my end that can be fixed.

Count 239 267

@Rumple said:

MaxPlayers=0
MaxSpectators=0

Thank you lots for your help but it didn't seen to have worked. I still get kicked eventually for idling. The line you provided also seems to get automatically removed from Game.ini when I start a server. Hopefully the devs will address this.

Now I just need to figure out as to why the server keeps randomly dying when it has been working for a while. The server is being shown in the server browser and it still shows that it has players in it but when me or anyone tries to connect to it, the connection fails and the "cancel" button gets greyed out and the only thing you can do is restart the game. The updates in the server cmd log completely stop as well when this happens. It's like the server is still kinda running and it maintains the illusion of it working but it's really dead. I hope this isn't a problem with a dedicated server but something on my end that can be fixed.

Ok so if you are hosting your server on a different PC. Make sure your Control Panel/Power Options are set to High Performance and to make sure your sleep and hypernation settings are set to never, specially on the HD. This may solve that issue.

Count 239 267

NOTE
I believe I found the location for changing the default map setting. Now if you have set your maplist it should load to the first map listed. But if it is defaulting to ThePit and you want to change that try this:

DefaultEngine.ini

under [/Script/EngineSettings.GameMapsSettings]
edit this:
ServerDefaultMap=/Game/Mordhau/Maps/ThePit/FFA_ThePit.FFA_ThePit

You will have to change the folder location map folder and the map name like above.
Granted I have not had the issue, but feel free to test this out.

8 0

I am hosting on the same PC. I know that it isn't the best idea ever but I don't really have any other options right now and it mostly seems to work fine.

The power is set to balanced, I don't really like having my CPU running at max clocks all the time. It's overclocked so the power draw will go through the roof if I enable high performance. I will try high performance if it crashes again though.
Turn off hard disk is set to never. I also set sleep to never (it was set on 2 hours before)

Count 239 267

Note
I believe I have found more settings that might work, have not tested yet.
bKickLiveIdlers=false
bPausable=True
bAdminPause=True
bOvertime
BadPingThreshold