Mordhau

How to run a dedicated server (Windows)

Knight 14 7
  • 18 Sep '17
 Grebnedlog

Are all three ports you need to open UDP ports?

Count 53 97
  • 19 Sep '17
 Shifty

@Grebnedlog said:

yeah UDP

Knight 14 7
  • 19 Sep '17
 Grebnedlog

@Shifty said:

@Grebnedlog said:

yeah UDP

Thanks!

Knight 43 91
  • 20 Sep '17
 Atro

@Alphonse said:

• adminadd <STEAMID64> // adds a new admin to the adminlist

Please update this to addadmin

Knight 148 97
  • 20 Sep '17
 Lilboots

Servers are running to a satisfactory standard, I doubt they will start focusing on the finer things for a while. just use admin password, works well

Knight 399 868
  • 22 Sep '17
 Alphonse

@Lilboots said:
Servers are running to a satisfactory standard, I doubt they will start focusing on the finer things for a while. just use admin password, works well

I'm not 100% sure, but I think you can only enter admin commands if you're on the adminlist. Doesn't matter if you have the admin password or not.

Count 53 97
  • 23 Sep '17
 Shifty

@Alphonse said:
I'm not 100% sure, but I think you can only enter admin commands if you're on the adminlist. Doesn't matter if you have the admin password or not.

Can confirm that you can enter commands with just the admin password. Have only tested with basic stuff (changelevel, restartlevel, kick, ban).

Knight 5 5
  • 29 Jul '18
 scrimlin

@Sumerian said:
Thank you for the information <3

I have some questions.

1. Is there any way to add bots automatically?

2. Can I make my server 1st perspective person view only?

Did anyone ever find a way to automatically add bots? I tried for a while, but couldn't.

Also, just as an FYI for anyone reading this thread now, it looks like the config files containing the server settings were moved to '\Mordhau\Saved\Config\WindowsServer' from '\Mordhau\Config'

Duke 5482 13084
  • 31 Jul '18
 Jax — Community Manager

That's some good shit homie

Duke 5482 13084
  • 31 Jul '18
 Jax — Community Manager

This topic has been pinned.

• 1 Jan
 Moses
This comment was deleted.
Count 238 267

Ok after much frustration is setting up a a dedicated server I finally found the Actual Locations of the Game.INI.....

C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Mordhau Dedicated Server/Mordhau/Saved/Config/WindowsServer/Game.ini

There you will find several of the custom ini for server configuration.
Pleas update the initial post.....

So now I am getting an HTTP Request Failed <Server: 209.97.159.211, Request: Authenticate/v1. Error: Unauthorized.
Warning: Heartbeat failed

My server will show up in the LAN but not online...... so not sure what is going on. Ports are all forwarded.

1 0

I've been able to get the server setup, but one thing to note for anyone reading this is you do need to add those lines from the basic setup section because they are not there by default.

What are the prefixes for frontlines, horde, and battle royale? Also, is there a way to shutdown the server from in game without closing the console or ending it from task manager? I feel like force shutting down the server like that isn't the intended way of doing it. Usually there's a command for it in other games.

Knight 399 868
  • 30 Apr
 Alphonse

The guide is fairly outdated because the devs have changed their UE implementation, so some things will work and some won't.
I don't have time to fully update it but I added some things.

@Elitehunter34 said:
I've been able to get the server setup, but one thing to note for anyone reading this is you do need to add those lines from the basic setup section because they are not there by default.

Those lines may not be needed. After trying to run MordhauServer.exe once, the dedicated server generates a whole bunch of files in

• \Steam\steamapps\common\Mordhau Dedicated Server\Mordhau\Saved\Config\WindowsServer

You can edit everything in the Game.ini file.

What are the prefixes for frontlines, horde, and battle royale?

I added them to the OP.

Also, is there a way to shutdown the server from in game without closing the console or ending it from task manager? I feel like force shutting down the server like that isn't the intended way of doing it.

Idk, but it's always been that way in every UE server I've played with.

7 1
  • 30 Apr
 Minidoracat

Do you know how to run multiple servers on one windows machine?

Count 238 267

I created a full maplist with game modes including the 2 larger 64 player versions.
https://mordhau.com/forum/topic/14501/current-map-list-with-modes-for-server-hosting/#c2

2 0
  • 30 Apr
 betito123

@ĶiĻăƦesrumpMcBøøgerballls said:
I created a full maplist with game modes including the 2 larger 64 player versions.
https://mordhau.com/forum/topic/14501/current-map-list-with-modes-for-server-hosting/#c2

Hey! you managed to fix the "http request failed" error? i can only see my server on LAN

Count 238 267

@Minidoracat said:
Do you know how to run multiple servers on one windows machine?

There are a few ways. The best is to create a VM for each game server that way you can control how many cpus, rams and hard drive space. Each will also have it's own IP address and game port. You can also create a bat file with a different port for each game server instance but that takes a bit of programming but maybe easier.

Count 238 267

@betito123 said:

@ĶiĻăƦesrumpMcBøøgerballls said:

Hey! you managed to fix the "http request failed" error? i can only see my server on LAN

yes, several things to check.

1. Run server update
  2. If you are going through steam library tools then Properties/Local Files/verify integrity of tool files
  3. Log into your router and port forward all the ports listed to the IP address of the PC/Server as suggested in this initial post.
  4. Make sure you are adding this to your server command line " -log " this will bring up a constant updating CMD window log of your server and you can see if there are any errors or warnings.

Now that i have been running the home server for a few days, there have been some known issues with connecting to the mordhau.com master servers. Major delays and lag when connecting. This could be an issue you are having.

In addition if you are getting a bunch of 502 errors about bad connection or bad proxy, make sure that Windows Time is running and set to Automatic in "Services" Once it is running you will want to resync Windows Time Service as that has a lot to do with syncing up network resources. Open a CMD as administrator, type: w32TM /resync this should resync the PC/Server's time clock. If if fails then google "Windows Time errors" and you will find some methods for getting it running correctly.

Good luck.

7 1

Mordhau\Engine\Config\BaseEngine.ini
I found a way to change Port and GameServerQueryPort .
But the second server not work

[2019.05.01-00.03.35:769][ 0]PacketHandlerLog: Loaded PacketHandler component: Engine.EngineHandlerComponentFactory (StatelessConnectHandlerComponent)
[2019.05.01-00.03.35:769][ 0]LogNet: GameNetDriver IpNetDriver_0 IpNetDriver listening on port 7779
[2019.05.01-00.03.35:770][ 0]LogStreaming: Display: ULevelStreaming::RequestLevel(/Game/Mordhau/Maps/Grad/Grad) is flushing async loading
[2019.05.01-00.03.37:311][ 0]LogStreaming: Display: ULevelStreaming::RequestLevel(/Game/Mordhau/Maps/Grad/Grad_Blockers) is flushing async loading
[2019.05.01-00.03.37:330][ 0]LogWorld: Bringing World /Game/Mordhau/Maps/Grad/FL_Grad.FL_Grad up for play (max tick rate 60) at 2019.05.01-08.03.37
[2019.05.01-00.03.37:376][ 0]LogOnline: Display: Mordhau: FMordhauOnlineSubsystem::Shutdown()
[2019.05.01-00.03.37:377][ 0]LogOnline: Warning: Mordhau: Steam API failed to initialize!
[2019.05.01-00.03.37:378][ 0]LogOnline: Display: Mordhau: FMordhauOnlineSubsystem::Shutdown()
[2019.05.01-00.03.37:385][ 0]LogWorld: Bringing up level for play took: 0.062443
[2019.05.01-00.03.37:391][ 0]LogGameMode: Display: Match State Changed from EnteringMap to WaitingToStart
[2019.05.01-00.03.37:405][ 0]LogGameState: Match State Changed from EnteringMap to WaitingToStart
[2019.05.01-00.03.37:405][ 0]LogLoad: Took 2.519196 seconds to LoadMap(/Game/Mordhau/Maps/Grad/FL_Grad)
[2019.05.01-00.03.37:406][ 0]LogLoad: (Engine Initialization) Total time: 3.78 seconds
[2019.05.01-00.03.37:424][ 0]LogModuleManager: Loading module PerfCounters

unknown (8).png