Mordhau

Post your Kniggas

Knight 3284 6718
  • 28 Feb
 Bodkin

It seems to me that jupons would really help keep your armour from getting bashed tf up by blunt weapons. This guy is almost literally wearing a quilt over his armour lol

charles-vi-jupon

Baron 1600 5076
  • 28 Feb
 Lincs

@Runagate said:
Recognizability of armour tiers is irrelevant as long as hooded helmets exist.

Duchess 6857 9820

@Runagate said:
Recognizability of armour tiers is irrelevant as long as hooded helmets exist.

And the waist options that hide leg armor

Edit: and we also have invisible perks now so yeah

Knight 1815 2219
  • 28 Feb
 Void

Yes but hooded helmets and skirts are cool

Knight 460 890
  • 28 Feb
 wierHL

@Runagate said:
fashion > gameplay

unironically

All the more reason to get one of those typical mail surcoats. Don't get me wrong the chainmail tabard doesn't look intrusive but sometimes you just want the real thing you know.

Baron 1600 5076
  • 28 Feb
 Lincs

@Void said:

The only reason people use hooded helmets is so that they can look like edgelords

Knight 106 366
  • 28 Feb
 Pankila

@Lincs said:

@Void said:

The only reason people use hooded helmets is so that they can look like edgelords

using hooded helmets in this game is pretty much the same tier as pulling a hood over your baseball cap IRL

Knight 1815 2219
  • 1 Mar
 Void

Idk it looks so nice to me. I instantly fell in love with them

132 1225
  • 1 Mar
 Maxilatorn — Art

We don't put it at a super high priority, but we prefer to keep it relatively readable tier wise, but the criticism of hoods and skirts is fair and the simple answer is that we think it looks cool enough to put it in the game. Team readability is another factor we take into consideration at an even higher priority than tier readability but even that fails with some loadouts.

Knight 513 1042

What would work best is to have the real tabard heavily tailored to have that globose breastplate shape. If you could get the sleeve cloth physics working, it would pay off big time and look cool as shit on the real tabard, on an alternate padded curiass, and on a curiass with fauld (if you plan to make one.)

Now, let's get this thread back on topic before it turns into another armor suggestions lol

Knight 2591 6881

It was intented to be a meme at first, but would it be possible to just hand-animate the large sleeves? I even did it myself on a model but it was way simplier than mordy (canned animations, one bone and like 16 polygons). Obviously Mordhau models are several levels more complex than that, and I don't if it still would be feasible.

Knight 513 1042

Probably more work then they're willing to put in.

132 1225
  • 1 Mar
 Maxilatorn — Art

@Rattsknecht said:
It was intented to be a meme at first, but would it be possible to just hand-animate the large sleeves? I even did it myself on a model but it was way simplier than mordy (canned animations, one bone and like 16 polygons). Obviously Mordhau models are several levels more complex than that, and I don't if it still would be feasible.

Having individual bones for individual pieces is probably possible but hand animating it would not be too viable for us, making it dynamic is not the problem here really. The problem is appending bones to the character rig, which is sorta possible to do but something that we have not really dealt with yet and would take quite a bit of experimenting to get working well.

Knight 2591 6881

@Maxilatorn said:

@Rattsknecht said:

Having individual bones for individual pieces is probably possible but hand animating it would not be too viable for us, making it dynamic is not the problem here really. The problem is appending bones to the character rig, which is sorta possible to do but something that we have not really dealt with yet and would take quite a bit of experimenting to get working well.

Do you consider trying something like that post-release?

132 1225
  • 1 Mar
 Maxilatorn — Art

@Rattsknecht said:

@Maxilatorn said:

@Rattsknecht said:

Do you consider trying something like that post-release?

Perhaps, can't promise anything, I'd certainly be interesting figuring out how well it'd work.

Knight 513 1042

My hopes are high

Knight 513 1042

Fire Mage
fire mage.JPG
Generic "pro Mordhau player" loadout
mord pro.JPG
Gilded Gauntlets and Royal Helm are a necessity if he has them. Bonus if he has the Selma Bouvier voice pack and/or has unicode in his clantag that doesn't show up properly.

Knight 1815 2219
  • 2 Mar
 Void

Hey 2nd one looks like my main
but I'm not any of those things of course

Mercenary 176 611
  • 2 Mar
 Stauxie

If you're using plate legs it isn't generic pro player. Tier 2 legs meta boi

Knight 513 1042

My main man. The Devs should also know that the hounskull doesn't have a lowered aventail option.
the man.JPG
Halberd Militia Man
Halberdier.JPG
Armored Swordsman
swordsman.JPG
One thing I've noticed among people using open faced helmets, is that they tend to cover their character's face with chainmail or cloth. I have no idea why, there's a face sculpting system in the game so i'd imagine people wanting to take advantage of that if they could, and it doesn't make them look cool either, it makes them look like a fat, retarded ninja. People wearing lighter armors in general do a lot of stuff to make it look like more than at actually is, like wearing lamellar because it looks too much like a plate curiass, longskirts to hide the leg armor, plate arms and gauntlets ect. It looks really bad