Mordhau

Post your Kniggas 2: Moderation Boogaloo

214 412
  • 9 Sep '18
 Astonop

@Runagate said:
Should've used the spangenhelm and leather lamellar cuirass. And long sleeve leather gloves. Leather lamellar skirt would have probably been more fitting too.

Pretty much everything that's black should be brown.

I considered using the spaghethelm but it has the defined eye structure that the one in the reference didn't, so I decided against it. The cuirass was a hard choice as there's a lot of leather and none with any distinctive pattern, so if I'm honest I went for the one I did because the belt looked similar. I get what you mean about the gloves but the leather ones look WAY too smooth in game compared to the segmented gloves in the reference. And the lamellar skirt is about double the length of the one in the picture but has the correct pattern, another hard choice.

...I thought I had made them brown. Welp, thank you eyes.

Knight 2302 4170
  • 9 Sep '18
 Runagate

@Jax said:
@Toastimus i got u fam, best I could do (we don't have that style of helm yet)

Mordhau Screenshot 2018.09.09 - 05.55.52.73.png

Madman just went and did exactly what I described in my post above

Duke 5545 13265
  • 10 Sep '18
 Jax — Community Manager

I actually didn't read your post until after I took the screenshot, great minds think alike

Mercenary 1239 2246
  • 10 Sep '18
 TheKingInTheNorth

@Jax said:
I actually didn't read your post until after I took the screenshot, great minds think alike

Tell it to the judge.

114 157
  • 10 Sep '18
 Toastimus

@Astonop said:

@Toastimus said:
f8fa00406360a23448eeeb3748ae4905--viking-reenactment-leather-armor.jpg

Can someone make this ?
PS. I hate you all for being able to play this game i would spend days on costumization lol >:(

So I tried to create that guy and...

Soldier1.png

Soldier2.png

...you can't really cover the face and head at the same time, especially not with chainmail. No pointy hats yet either, or none that resemble the one in the picture, and the ornate patterns are mostly reserved for plate metal, not leather gambesons. If the colours are off, that's just me being a retard, not the game's limitations.

Thanks lads,i appreciate it.Hopefully they will add some eastern european looking helmets to the game ( or maybe even Hunnic / Mongolian ) that would be so cool to see the horse hair plum on top flail around on those helmets in my opinion.
Anyways,thanks again guys.

Knight 253 546
  • 10 Sep '18
 Gauntlet

Chivhau.jpg

Chivalry character recreations, tried to be as faithful as I could be, including face & voice personalities.
Here are their character codes for those interested:
edit - pastebin link: https://pastebin.com/sMwmHHwS

edit 2 - corrected some flaws

Count 884 3292
  • 11 Sep '18
 EatAtRedLobster

Almost perfect.

Each of the Man-At-Arms should have motion blur from constant dodging.

Duchess 6895 9871
  • 11 Sep '18
 Sir Zombie

Agatha side is very nicely done

Knight 3311 6797
  • 11 Sep '18
 Bodkin

I thought Agatha MAA had a sallet?

Knight 2302 4170
  • 11 Sep '18
 Runagate

It's like a visorless sallet.

Mercenary 1893 7063
  • 11 Sep '18
 ThunderDuck

Excellent, Agatha Knight should have a shorter tabard though

Knight 253 546
  • 11 Sep '18
 Gauntlet

Excellent, Agatha Knight should have a shorter tabard though

I agree, however there aren't any breastplates with a cloth cover except the one that forces the long tabard. It's the best pick for what is available here.

I thought Agatha MAA had a sallet?

Yeah, it's a visorless sallet or lobster pot helm. This could probably be changed out with a sallet or raised visor sallet. Both MAA have dodge and loadouts to match their chiv counterparts.
I also have noticed that my mason knight somehow has naked arms. Fixing.

There are some stylistic choices to be made and you can feel free to make changes as you want. I just wanted to get a strong base for each character, and even modeled the faces as best as I could (ignoring the vanguards cause greathelm).

Mercenary 179 614
  • 12 Sep '18
 Stauxie

@EatAtRedLobster said:
Almost perfect.

Each of the Man-At-Arms should have motion blur from constant dodging.

move.png

Baron 2358 3392
  • 12 Sep '18
 Xekratos

You should Join the Order!
THE MASONS!.png

4 2
  • 12 Sep '18
 LapantinoPT

Goooood Work

Mercenary 179 614
  • 14 Sep '18
 Stauxie

Lets bump this thread up back to visibility shall we? This is Mackdaddy btw

mack_cutout_resize.png

Need to put my boy Sir Boring here too.

boring_hammer_cutout_resized.png

Duke 986 1381
  • 14 Sep '18
 PadanFain

god damn im sexy as hell

Knight 160 339
  • 14 Sep '18
 Sir Boring

Oh my, aren't you handsome?

114 157
  • 14 Sep '18
 Toastimus

I would like to suggest devs to add the eastern european sort of slavic helmets,hunnic helmets whatever you want to call them,and wolf and bear pelts that we can wear over a small helmet or something,that would be so cool omg.

Knight 573 1164
  • 14 Sep '18
 JoBe

@Toastimus said:
I would like to suggest devs to add the eastern european sort of slavic helmets,hunnic helmets whatever you want to call them,and wolf and bear pelts that we can wear over a small helmet or something,that would be so cool omg.

Indeed. I hope they will add the classic bear and wolf skin hoods with the upper jaw and skull. War Of The Roses had a visorless bascinet that had a bear pelt covering it and I think it looked pretty sweet.

Wewantyou

Trinimacs-Penitent-Knight-Male-Front