Mordhau
Mordhau Merch
Check out our merch shop!

Mordhau Alpha Launch

Knight 24 19
  • 17 Sep '17
 NekoVeil

My "first" impressions. It's actually my second time booting the game up to play because I wanted to make sure I could actually explain stuff and hopefully get people into the game.
https://youtu.be/tI2SN5rLPDk

Knight 573 1165
  • 17 Sep '17
 JoBe

@RussellX3 said:
Is anyone else getting long startups? Sometimes the game takes 30 seconds or more to load, other times instant. The game runs fine on my GTX 970 so I have the required specs, just don't know why it takes long to start. Chivalry loads instantly for me. I hope it isn't just me :(

I have this too. No idea what causes it because the game itself runs quite smoothly.

Knight 573 1165
  • 17 Sep '17
 JoBe

@NekoVeil said:
My "first" impressions. It's actually my second time booting the game up to play because I wanted to make sure I could actually explain stuff and hopefully get people into the game.

Nice helmet. Do you have a full set?

Knight 2307 4188
  • 17 Sep '17
 Runagate

@RussellX3 said:
Is anyone else getting long startups? Sometimes the game takes 30 seconds or more to load, other times instant. The game runs fine on my GTX 970 so I have the required specs, just don't know why it takes long to start. Chivalry loads instantly for me. I hope it isn't just me :(

Same for me. It's not a massive issue though, but it's of course always nice when a game starts up fast. I have an r9 380x.

I'm sure installing it on my ssd would help, I should uninstall csgo, that piece of shit game has been taking up my solid state space for too long. How do I back up my loadouts though?

Knight 24 19
  • 17 Sep '17
 NekoVeil

@JoBe said:

@NekoVeil said:

Nice helmet. Do you have a full set?

Not yet. I might after the game's full release. I still need ~$3,000 worth of armour, and that's just with butted maille. Rivited alone is going to cost me $~800. x(

20 15
  • 17 Sep '17
 Irish_King

Wow ! got a key today , I must say just wow if the alpha is this polished and smooth I cant imagine how the full release will be ! lots of good content ! 10/10 devs !

Knight 83 115
  • 17 Sep '17
 Mufflin

Are there only like 100 people playing the game worldwide? When I go to servers and only show servers with players there's maybe 10 servers with players. Worse than mirage.

Knight 24 19
  • 17 Sep '17
 NekoVeil

Day 3: I found out something really bad... I'm never happy with my loadouts and am constantly changing them, deleting them, making new ones... I just can settle. At least it's a fun thing to do.

Knight 66 72
  • 17 Sep '17
 DoubleK

@Mufflin said:
Are there only like 100 people playing the game worldwide? When I go to servers and only show servers with players there's maybe 10 servers with players. Worse than mirage.

I kind of agree, it's an alpha, but I expected more players

Knight 30 55
  • 18 Sep '17
 TPMElbanana

@Mufflin said:
Worse than mirage.

worse than cansor.jpg

2428 4937
  • 18 Sep '17
 Maci

I'm okay with the player count. Then again, I'm from EU, and we got plenty of people.

There's only arround 3000 or so people with access, and 100+ of them online at all times is pretty good tbh

Knight 1836 2232
  • 18 Sep '17
 Void

@RussellX3 said:

On my desktop pc it loads instantly and I never had any issue.
On my laptop I have this delay sometimes. Also I occasionally have a flickering menu screen.
I think that things got better after I started running it as admin.

Mercenary 112 315
  • 18 Sep '17
 Racemate

@Runagate said:
... How do I back up my loadouts though?

marox: ...

Knight 2307 4188
  • 18 Sep '17
 Runagate

@Racemate said:

@Runagate said:
... How do I back up my loadouts though?

marox: ...

Thanks!

Knight 28 57

Hello,

just out of curiosity, will there be further optimization of graphic requirements? I can't get 60 fps (and it's very helpful for games like Mordhau) without lowering resolutions to 1366x756 and leaving only effects on high. Maybe there's some settings that have strong influence on graphics, but without turning off amazing things like this juicy eveningstar hit sound effect? My graphic card is gtx 960m.

Not bitching around, just curious, I love gameplay so far ;)

And of course I'm master of chambering, do it like 100% all the time, for sure not random stuff.

1315 2881
  • 18 Sep '17
 Monsteri

@MaćkozBogdańca said:
Hello,

just out of curiosity, will there be further optimization of graphic requirements? I can't get 60 fps (and it's very helpful for games like Mordhau) without lowering resolutions to 1366x756 and leaving only effects on high. Maybe there's some settings that have strong influence on graphics, but without turning off amazing things like this juicy eveningstar hit sound effect? My graphic card is gtx 960m.

And of course I'm master of chambering, do it like 100% all the time, for sure not random stuff.

Have you tried adjusting resolution scale?

Knight 28 57
  • 19 Sep '17
 MaćkozBogdańca

@Monsteri said:

@MaćkozBogdańca said:
Hello,

Have you tried adjusting resolution scale?

No, I'll try this today, thanks :)

2 0
  • 20 Sep '17
 smeee

i wanna let every body know this my paypal was locked trying to get mordhau i could never get the alpha i would do anything if some one has a key i could buy ):

Knight 12 21
  • 20 Sep '17
 jeanine93

@RussellX3 said:

Yes I have these long startups too. I have i5-3570K CPU, 16GB RAM, 64bit Windows 7 and AMD 7800 graphics card. The game itself runs fine once it´s loaded :)

156 238
  • 20 Sep '17
 elToroGuapo

so, the "marox is programing with a 3dfx Voodoo2 videocard" was just a meme?

pfff