Mordhau

Mordhau Alpha Launch

Knight 83 115
  • 13 Sep '17
 Mufflin

@RussellX3 said:

@Kronast said:
Russell, how else would you want to play the game if not against bots or on a server?

Sorry I should have explained better.

I meant like will it be removed then put back again on steam or will it be in my game library forever.

Thanks.

Forever

Conscript 2 0
  • 13 Sep '17
 seacrab

I WANT ALPHA ! :(((((

1 11
  • 13 Sep '17
 Halefyre

I don't know if there's a better place to put this, but bravo, developers, on having a closed alpha test that already feels more consistent and polished than similar games ever managed. Well done!

Mercenary 6 23
  • 13 Sep '17
 WID0WM4K3R

After having played for the last like 24 hours or so I wanted to post my comments even though it really doesn't matter:

I fuggin LOVE the game, it is wonderful and my son and I are so glad we got the Alpha.

240 control takes a little getting used to, but gives you a lot of flexibility in combat.

Hoping we see some balance passes as to armor values (leathers are quite weak atm) as well as weapon balance passes (Eveningstar is OP as fuk).

Love it, don't win every battle (by any stretch of the imagination) but I love the FIGHT!

Widow

Knight 19 49
  • 13 Sep '17
 SmexyLord

I am loving the alpha. At first I tried chivalry controls, and then switched over to the 240. Even though I'm better with the chiv controls, I feel like the true pros will be playing with 240 due to its flexibility. I would however like to see later an option to make fainting the same button as parrying, like you can chiv. Also, I would like to have the ability to switch to any weapon in the alternative holding mode. Such as switching to the bastard sword in two handed mode automatically instead of one handed. Or switching to the Greatsword so that it automatically is held further up blade. Perhaps this can be acheived by holding the designated key instead of tapping it.

Knight 19 49
  • 13 Sep '17
 SmexyLord

I would also like to add that I absolutely love it that the blood stays on the weapons when you switch between them

1308 2875
  • 13 Sep '17
 Monsteri

@SmexyLord said:
Also, I would like to have the ability to switch to any weapon in the alternative holding mode. Such as switching to the bastard sword in two handed mode automatically instead of one handed. Or switching to the Greatsword so that it automatically is held further up blade. Perhaps this can be acheived by holding the designated key instead of tapping it.

On this I would say that the game should just save the mode you left the weapon in and keep it that way, even after you respawn.

Baron 4 3
  • 13 Sep '17
 OMGitsaWarCat

Ser Winter - Medieval SWORD FIGHTING Game! (Mordhau) First Look https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mfOjyk2QaxQ An EPIC

Knight 3 11
  • 13 Sep '17
 Argl

My lady discretely caught my first game on Mordhau. Juge by yourself.
FirstTimeMordhau.gif

Mercenary 4 42
  • 13 Sep '17
 SquareHelmetMatt

murdheuw.gif

literally the first thing I did, look for places to hide.

5 37
  • 13 Sep '17
 Voco

A̶n̶y̶o̶n̶e̶ ̶n̶o̶t̶i̶c̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶b̶i̶n̶d̶s̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶r̶i̶g̶h̶t̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶l̶e̶f̶t̶ ̶s̶t̶a̶b̶,̶ ̶l̶e̶f̶t̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶r̶i̶g̶h̶t̶ ̶s̶l̶a̶s̶h̶ ̶s̶e̶e̶m̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶a̶r̶b̶i̶t̶r̶a̶r̶i̶l̶y̶ ̶p̶i̶c̶k̶ ̶w̶h̶i̶c̶h̶ ̶s̶i̶d̶e̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶s̶w̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶f̶r̶o̶m̶?̶ ̶N̶o̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶s̶t̶r̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶f̶u̶n̶c̶t̶i̶o̶n̶,̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶b̶i̶n̶d̶s̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶s̶p̶e̶c̶i̶f̶i̶c̶ ̶a̶t̶t̶a̶c̶k̶s̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶I̶'̶m̶ ̶n̶o̶t̶ ̶d̶o̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶c̶o̶m̶b̶o̶s̶.̶

I̶f̶ ̶I̶ ̶b̶i̶n̶d̶ ̶l̶e̶f̶t̶ ̶s̶t̶a̶b̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶s̶c̶r̶o̶l̶l̶ ̶u̶p̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶r̶i̶g̶h̶t̶ ̶s̶t̶a̶b̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶s̶c̶r̶o̶l̶l̶ ̶d̶o̶w̶n̶ ̶(̶u̶n̶b̶o̶u̶n̶d̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶d̶e̶f̶a̶u̶l̶t̶ ̶s̶t̶a̶b̶ ̶f̶u̶n̶c̶t̶i̶o̶n̶)̶ ̶2̶5̶%̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶t̶i̶m̶e̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶s̶t̶a̶b̶s̶ ̶f̶r̶o̶m̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶w̶r̶o̶n̶g̶ ̶s̶i̶d̶e̶.̶

uncheck box mouse x axis flips attack side

Knight 24 19
  • 14 Sep '17
 NekoVeil

@WID0WM4K3R said:
After having played for the last like 24 hours or so I wanted to post my comments even though it really doesn't matter:

I fuggin LOVE the game, it is wonderful and my son and I are so glad we got the Alpha.

240 control takes a little getting used to, but gives you a lot of flexibility in combat.

Hoping we see some balance passes as to armor values (leathers are quite weak atm) as well as weapon balance passes (Eveningstar is OP as fuk).

Love it, don't win every battle (by any stretch of the imagination) but I love the FIGHT!

Widow

@Bold: Because leather armour is weak irl. A proper, thick, cloth gambeson is MUCH better than leather armour.

About weapon stances, there should be an option in loadout to set a default stance so you always come out with your arming sword and shield at the ready and switching to longsword sets it to 2-handed automatically. (or whatever you set it to)

5 37
  • 14 Sep '17
 Voco

Quick questions:
Is there a way to put my FOV higher than 130?

Can I turn on the weapon tracers?

Knight 24 19
  • 14 Sep '17
 NekoVeil

@Voco said:
Quick questions:
Is there a way to put my FOV higher than 130?

Can I turn on the weapon tracers?

1. I don't think so. I'm sure they want some kind of limit so there aren't players with 360 views, lol.

2. Settings > Game > Draw Tracers
    Tracer Stay Time will also dictate how long the tracers stay on screen.

Now my own question: Is anyone elses music for the main menu not looping? After it plays once, the menu is just silent and it kinda takes away from the epicness.

2 1
  • 14 Sep '17
 Dirtypeasants

Nice video.

Sellsword 41 88
  • 14 Sep '17
 Xedrik

@SquareHelmetMatt said:
murdheuw.gif

literally the first thing I did, look for places to hide.

I laughed way too hard at this

• 14 Sep '17
 skaghori1962
This comment was deleted.
  • 14 Sep '17
 skaghori1962
  • 14 Sep '17
 skaghori1962
  • 14 Sep '17
 skaghori1962