Mordhau
Mordhau Merch
Check out our merch shop!

Mordhau Alpha Launch

Count 22 37
  • 13 Sep '17
 boogerjuice

Hm...pledged $200 for the Count tier. Should have a few alpha keys available to use, but I have only received one. I've checked my email and My Purchases and haven't found anything. Anybody know what the deal is with this?

1 1
  • 13 Sep '17
 WOnka

I can't even remember what I pledged to be honest. Looking forward to some first impressions.

Knight 27 29
  • 13 Sep '17
 FoxyTorryn

I was having a really bad day today with waking up to a migraine, stomach issues, and the worst tinitus I've ever had and having to struggle through mind numbing lessons in Autodesk Maya (I prefer 3ds Max). Now I get home to this news and you have made me feel infinitely better! ^_^ Thank you so much Marox! If I didn't already have boyfriend I'd kiss you.

Knight 1 1
  • 13 Sep '17
 Fegledorf

I LOVE THIS GAME.

Knight 174 263
  • 13 Sep '17
 Echonian

Just played four or five hours straight. When I first spawned in, I didn't have any weapons equipped on my character. Someone dropped me a sword, which I then used to kill a teammate by mistake.

Things were bad for a while, and I continued to suck. I played about 40 minutes against bots to get my timing down a bit, and got a bit better. By the end of it, I'm still not that good, but I at least was in the top half of the scoreboard consistently. Got third place in my last deathmatch with a full house, losing at the last moment to a light armored arming sword SOB.

It's great so far. I did have a bug alt-tabbing during a loading screen however, where the game took over my mouse cursor and I had to log out to be able to do anything (couldn't even click on the game to end the process in task manager).

The gameplay is smooth, throwable weapons work as expected, shields are actually useful, and when you get a great clash it is all the more memorable. Chambering exchanges, while rare in my experience (because both I and everyone else mostly still sucks), are amazing when they end with a kill.

It's already better than Chivalry by miles, even with the lack of content.

The only real complaint I have is that the game forces us to spend half of our team in the elimination mode (skirmish, which honestly should be called elimination or last man standing because skirmish is highly misleading terminology). This isn't fun as a new player, when I just want to learn how to play, and spending half my time dead on average is not a good way to learn by doing.

I would appreciate it if some servers were set to deathmatch or team deathmatch only, though I admit that if the goal is testing, this might hurt it slightly because you would get an uneven distribution of players. But so what? There should still be enough, I would imagine, to fill any given mode for a while.

Countess 1233 2912
  • 13 Sep '17
 Whisper

@boogerjuice said:
Hm...pledged $200 for the Count tier. Should have a few alpha keys available to use, but I have only received one. I've checked my email and My Purchases and haven't found anything. Anybody know what the deal is with this?

With count you get a single alpha key, they made it pretty clear on that during the kickstarter.

2 0

I dont see any servers to join the list is empty for me can somebody help me out with this

2 0
  • 13 Sep '17
 SirMadofRidden

how do I install the game? I have alpha key

1 3
  • 13 Sep '17
 joshuad123456

Go to the purchases section on this site. Towards the bottom of the page, click the button that says view steam key. Copy the key that appears. Then launch Steam and direct your attention to the bottom left corner, where you will see something that says add a game, and has a plus symbol next to it. Click on that and select activate a product on Steam. Accept the terms and conditions and then paste the code into the bar and hit next. Then hit finish, go to the Library section of Steam, and locate Mordhau. Select Mordhau and click install. Hope this helps.

2 0
  • 13 Sep '17
 SirMadofRidden

thankyou so much :)

Baron 19 31
  • 13 Sep '17
 FishBazooka

What ports do we open for port forwarding? I have an uncommon ISP and this game doesn't like it for some reason. I get rapid ping change. Before I join a match, I see 20, or 30 in another, etc. When I join, it just sky rockets to 250 and rapidly changes.

Knight 24 19
  • 13 Sep '17
 NekoVeil

Made my loadouts. Started a local game for practice. I died (surprise). Respawn. Attack! Kill! Dead. "What do the other buttons do?" Button, button, button, taunts? Cool. Button, button, button... umm, where's my sword? Look down, there it is! Stabbed in the chest.

I'm having a lot of fun. Much more than I did in any other medieval combat game. The hits feel more real. I don't feel like I'm dying of BS. Even with previous experience, there's a whole new skill set to learn here. One that's for the better of FPS Medieval Combat games.

I also made my IRL self in-game. ^_^

I do have a question: Can I post youtube videos of the Alpha with my commentary and thoughts?

Baron 19 31
  • 13 Sep '17
 FishBazooka

@NekoVeil said:
Made my loadouts. Started a local game for practice. I died (surprise). Respawn. Attack! Kill! Dead. "What do the other buttons do?" Button, button, button, taunts? Cool. Button, button, button... umm, where's my sword? Look down, there it is! Stabbed in the chest.

I'm having a lot of fun. Much more than I did in any other medieval combat game. The hits feel more real. I don't feel like I'm dying of BS. Even with previous experience, there's a whole new skill set to learn here. One that's for the better of FPS Medieval Combat games.

I also made my IRL self in-game. ^_^

I do have a question: Can I post youtube videos of the Alpha with my commentary and thoughts?

There's no NDA so feel free to make videos

Knight 8 5
  • 13 Sep '17
 Imageeknotanerd

Been playing this as much as I can today. I love it. So far I have, however, noticed one slight annoyance: In single player deathmatch, no matter what map I pick, the second will be in the Pit, and all matches thereafter are in the Pit. Seems like there's a bug(?) in the system that picks what map is played next for sp. Still, extremely fun! I'm excited to see how it develops from here.

Oh, also in Team Deathmatch, the AI often tends to hide in their spawn area, and won't come down.

Knight 2308 4188
  • 13 Sep '17
 Runagate

So I guess Slasher was Chiv on steroids. Mordhau feels like Slasher in steroids, i.e too good to be real. Criminally good. I've managed to keep a life alongside all the other games I've played before, but Mordhau? This is going to be my first true addiction.

Knight 5 5
  • 13 Sep '17
 RussellX3

Do I get to keep playing against bots or on servers until the full game is released?

Knight 32 25
  • 13 Sep '17
 Kronast

Russell, how else would you want to play the game if not against bots or on a server?

Duchess 6896 9886
  • 13 Sep '17
 Sir Zombie

I think he wants to know if he will be able to play at all
Which you can

Knight 5 5
  • 13 Sep '17
 RussellX3

@Kronast said:
Russell, how else would you want to play the game if not against bots or on a server?

Sorry I should have explained better.

I meant like will it be removed then put back again on steam or will it be in my game library forever.

Thanks.

Knight 2308 4188
  • 13 Sep '17
 Runagate

The alpha will last until beta which will last until release. The game will be playable for us knight and higher tier backers for that entire duration, and after release too of course.