Mordhau

Alpha Feedback and Suggestions Thread

Knight 936 950
  • 13 Sep '17
 afiNity

UI

When you open the chat, the text is often scrolled up so you have to scroll down every time to see the last chat entry.

Knight 610 2035
  • 13 Sep '17
 LuxCandidus

Maps

• The Pit. Phenomenal map, especially for large battles. It would be a vast improvement to have more places from which you can climb up to the bridges. I know you can jump up the rocks in some areas, but add more ways.
  • Contraband (Ruins). It looks amazing, but it is too small for large battles; Have some players spawn at the top of the ruins. I see some areas up there already, just add some additional structures and rafters, and have ladders for players to access both the upper and lower level. The verticality would be incredible, even more so when archery is added, and it will fix the problem of the map's size.
  • Grad. Cool map as well. I love that you can fight on the ground, atop the walls, and atop the towers. One problem is that when the teams spawn they both converge on the nearest tower because it is a chokepoint. This kills the action as barely anyone can squeeze through and fight, leaving most people to wait or go around the entire map. I do not know how you would do this, but encourage players to fight out in the open.
  • Camp. So, so wonderful. The wide variety of weapons scattered across the map makes it even better. Great placement of clutter and objects. The map is far too small for the current game modes. It would be ideal for a duel mode.
Mercenary 2192 3909
  • 13 Sep '17
 EruTheTeapot

@Ivenend_Zwei833 said:
Art/Animation
-please change the anim of 2h polearms when stabbing from the right side, it is strange to do a single-handed stab with such a heavy weapon.

Weird maybe but I love it, it feels good to see some different attacks imho

Knight 1 0
  • 13 Sep '17
 WolfsevenK

UX

On Azerty (french) Keyboards, emotes cannot be used because they are hard coded to 1,2,3,4,5,6...
Since you have to press "shift + key" on azerty keyboards to write numbers (tnot pressing shift gives you special characters such as & é; " ' ( - è ...), it's impossible to use emotes even if you try to rebind them.

This is a very common issues in indie games (especially in early access) and always a bummer for us french players :/

1084 6148
  • 13 Sep '17
 crushed — Art

This topic has been moved.

Knight 60 111
  • 13 Sep '17
 420SmokePyro

•Animations:
It would be nice if there is an animation when you kick someone. Because atm when you kick someone they just stand still and do nothing for a couple of seconds.

Knight 399 870
  • 13 Sep '17
 Alphonse

Armory / UI:

• No current way to completely hide your emblem. Might be a design choice, but if you want to have no visible emblem you need to match its colors with the piece of armor, which kinda sucks.

• In line with my suggestions for cycling more easily while in the Armory, Different armor options have customizable patterns. Like, you can change the pattern on a tabard (changes how the tabard is painted), or the pattern on a gothic helmet (which changes the trim color). You can click the right / left arrows to change this, but it's very hard to tell what pattern is selected because the label just reads "Pattern".

Armory / Customization:

• More plated mittens! Before metal working improved sufficiently to allow full articulation for all the fingers, plate protection for your hands usually involved some form of mitten shaped steel thing. It was just a curved piece of steel to cover your hands, which you could move freely and safely under that cover.

mitten.jpg

• Tabards

A tabard is basically a piece of cloth on top of plate or something. They were used in tournaments because it was the easiest way to recognize people in the battlefield and it was the best way to show your colors.

They should be the go-to choice for players since it increases visibility, but right now the tabard customization is lacking some features in the waist / skirt area, which probably causes people to pick other armor options. The current tabard has only a long parted skirt. This makes all characters with a tabard look like Teutonic knights, but it shouldn-t be so.

Consider adding more waist options, also for chainmail (which only allows for a single type of skirt).

tabards.jpg

tabard2.jpg

Count 164 303
  • 13 Sep '17
 ColonelMustache

Environmental Weapons

• I really like how there are a slew of improvised weapons lying around. As far as I can tell, they respawn randomly at the beginning of each round, and are not always in the same place. This is fine, though I feel like they might be a little too rare at the moment. I would personally recommend two changes:
  • Make these random spawns slightly more likely at the beginning of each round
  • For longer game modes where rounds last a long time, perhaps more weapons could spawn in over time. For example, if someone picks up a rusty sword out of a wall and then dies with it, eventually the sword (or some other weapon) could spawn back in its place. As it stands now, in modes like Team Deathmatch, environmental weapons are "used up" pretty quickly.
  • On a personal note, I would really like a perk that lets me spawn with a random environmental weapon (or three), whenever perks get implemented. :)

Picking Up Weapons

• As someone who chucks a lot of weapons around and picks them up off the ground, sometimes it feels like you have to be really precise in order to pick a weapon up. I would prefer the option to increase or decrease the sensitivity for the orange glow, so that I can pick up a weapon off the ground easily without fumbling around mashing E for a few seconds.
Mercenary 51 50
  • 13 Sep '17
 Uktuli

Do parries correctly interrupt combos? I swear I've gotten hit before my riposte can go through.

Knight 25 83
  • 13 Sep '17
 Wiebusje

Make the crouch and jump animations longer so people don't spam 'em. Just looks retarded and it isn't even effective cause this isn't Chivalry.

Knight 39 51

@Wiebusje said:
Make the crouch and jump animations longer so people don't spam 'em. Just looks retarded and it isn't even effective cause this isn't Chivalry.

Jump should be dissabled, adding "jump zones" like "press space bar to jump throught this fence".

Sellsword 52 73
  • 14 Sep '17
 --Locke

GUI / UX
Add a dropdown option to modify crosshair visibility:

• Always visible
  • Show on ranged weapons (= when it's actual useful)
  • Never visible

Gameplay / Controls
BUG: The mouse sensitivity get reset after game relaunch.

Props for having the weapons keep the taken blood on itself after weapon switch. (as in opposite to Chiv)

Mercenary 2192 3909
  • 14 Sep '17
 EruTheTeapot

@UnderPepeGrillosControlΦ said:

@Wiebusje said:

Jump should be dissabled, adding "jump zones" like "press space bar to jump throught this fence".

Weapons too should be disabled imho, I don't like violence.

Knight 39 51

@EruTheTeapot said:

@Wiebusje said:

Actually you can fly when jump, jump forward and in the air go backward. So realistic man.

Duchess 6892 9862
  • 14 Sep '17
 Sir Zombie

@EruTheTeapot said:

@Wiebusje said:

Actually you can fly when jump, jump forward and in the air go backward. So realistic man.

Just like swords going through heavy armor

Knight 39 51

@Sir Zombie said:

@EruTheTeapot said:

@Wiebusje said:

What are you suggesting, bounce the sword when hits a heavy armour?

Duchess 6892 9862
  • 14 Sep '17
 Sir Zombie

@Sir Zombie said:

@EruTheTeapot said:

@Wiebusje said:

I'm saying are you suggesting it? It is much more realistic after all.

Knight 39 51

@Sir Zombie said:

@Sir Zombie said:

@EruTheTeapot said:

@Wiebusje said:

I'm saying are you suggesting it? It is much more realistic after all.

Maybe, I am a Kingdom Come player. See that: https://youtu.be/DuhyAP0Srsk?t=4m51s

Knight 4 3
  • 14 Sep '17
 MasaIV

@Madcat said:
Having a great time
One issue so far is that when you die the camera doesn't stay put so you have no idea who killed you or how they killed you apart from the combat log. The camera should stay put for a second or two after dying

Death Screen

This would be great. I keep dying just as I'm clicking, which takes you immediately to first person view of another player. Been playing against bots, and their view shifts rapidly back and forth between other boys they are fighting. It's disorienting to go from my character's view (which I control) to a bots view I don't control that is darting all over the place. It's the first time I've ever gotten motion sickness from a non-VR game. Of course, it wouldn't be so bad if I didn't die so frequently :)

Awesome game, btw! Loving it!

Mercenary 1888 7054
  • 14 Sep '17
 ThunderDuck

I find it annoying how every action pauses the health regen. I think the speed of health regen is completely fine but it feels unnecessary to have it stop by doing simple actions such as picking up weapons, doing gestures, switching weapons, switching weapon modes etc. In my opinion it should only stop if the player attacks, jumps or initiates a sprint.