Mordhau

Alpha Feedback and Suggestions Thread

97 603
  • 10 Sep '17
 Spook — UI

We know you've got a lot to say now that you've played the Mordhau alpha, here's the place to do so!

Formatting your post will make it much easier for us to look through and read the parts meant for specific roles, here's an example of how it should look:

Level Design

• Suggestion for the people who make maps
97 603
  • 10 Sep '17
 Spook — UI

This topic has been pinned.

Count 92 254
  • 12 Sep '17
 Intellicide

Art/Character Design

• Perhaps a red or blue stroke of paint on the inside (facing the user) of the shields, so that you always remember which team you're on. Not sure how this could be implemented for non-shield users.
Baron 15 8
  • 12 Sep '17
 Rhaegar

@Intellicide said:
Art/Character Design

• Perhaps a red or blue stroke of paint on the inside (facing the user) of the shields, so that you always remember which team you're on. Not sure how this could be implemented for non-shield users.

Perhaps capes?

Mercenary 34 40
  • 12 Sep '17
 Uktuli

Animation

Tone down the headbob! It's way too much for first person.

Count 92 254
  • 12 Sep '17
 Intellicide

@Rhaegar said:

@Intellicide said:
Art/Character Design

Perhaps capes?

Well the idea is that it helps you remember which team you're on, without having to check the scoreboard.

Knight 12 22
  • 12 Sep '17
 WoZZerZ

Art/Team colors

I am colorblind, and had a difficult time keeping the red and blue teams apart, especially with all the blood stains on the characters.
Might I suggest changing the color scheme to blue/orange? (A bright orange, to be precise)
AFAIK, blue and orange are easily distinguishable for all types of colorblindness.

I'm sure there are more colorblind people playing Mordhau, and I think we would all appreciate it if everyone could clearly make out his teammates, to avoid teamkills ;)

Thanks in advance.

Knight 54 68
  • 12 Sep '17
 DoubleK

When a thrown weapon hits you in the face and it sticks it kinda obstructs your view. That was probably intended but it's annoying and I switch to 3rd person

1887 911

I have to say, the attack direction thing doesn't really feel consistent.

I would suggest adding a 'chiv' attack mode that you can switch to. I know you can set the attack patterns to a specific button, but it's still pretty finnicky, would be a lot easier to just check a box, a boom, attacking feels natural again.

Conscript 4227 5324
  • 12 Sep '17
 vanguard

I am yet to play Mordhau, it is downloading right now, but Mr Roshawn, try to give it some time. I thought the same back in M&B but then I got used to it, same on Slasher Project. Not trying to say it is not inconsistent, as I haven't tested it yet myself, but I felt the same as you with a similar control scheme in other games, until I got used to it.

The uppercut attacks were specially hard for me to pull them off consistently, even harder in combos, but then I kinda got used to it, I still need to git gud with it though.

7 17
  • 12 Sep '17
 banjoman_franklin

Can we have duel servers pls? Or just a ffa only server with fewer max ppl that we can use for duels?

2520 4429
  • 12 Sep '17
 SIEGE

Make it so that you can visit people's steam pages through the Tab board thing pls

Knight 34 36
  • 12 Sep '17
 Madcat

Having a great time
One issue so far is that when you die the camera doesn't stay put so you have no idea who killed you or how they killed you apart from the combat log. The camera should stay put for a second or two after dying

Mercenary 1592 5955
  • 12 Sep '17
 ThunderDuck

@banjoman_franklin said:
Can we have duel servers pls? Or just a ffa only server with fewer max ppl that we can use for duels?

I second this. Was pretty disappointed to find no duel servers as I feel dueling is the best way to improve.

Knight 792 771
  • 12 Sep '17
 afiNity

I was hoping for private duels on ffa.

Ths respawns are bad, sometimes you spawn right next to several enemies and die immediately

Knight 106 187
  • 12 Sep '17
 Crim

xx2

56 179
  • 12 Sep '17
 GandaPestile

Can we get support for more unicode characters ingame

Baron 573 941
  • 12 Sep '17
 lash

So i have been enjoying the game.

I can also feel the progress i made since the release.

few hints i gathered:

• Emote does stop HP regenartion - is that intentional?
  • If you switch team before the round starts (the greyed out count down) you will die and will not be able to move camera to watch - if it's LTS, you will be forced to watch one scene untill everyone is done fighting. (happens to me atleast)
  • Please allow scrolling trough customization items with arromws/wsad
Count 92 254
  • 12 Sep '17
 Intellicide

It would make customisation so much easier if each item was applied for a preview as you hover over it.

Knight 117 71
  • 12 Sep '17
 Lilboots

I think blunt weapons parry to stab is very fast. To fast for the damage output.

Also the feint recovery is to quick slightly. Allowing people who feint be able to attack someone who attempts a chamber. Obviously weapon depending.

If you are in Australia there will be duel servers up by the end of the day. Currently we have one working now.