Mordhau

Bug Reporting Thread

Knight 83 115
  • 18 Sep '17
 Mufflin

Even with the new system I just can't get low attacks to register, it mostly just does a side attack instead so attacks from below are the only attacks I can't chamber reliably.

Mercenary 112 315
  • 19 Sep '17
 Racemate

Mordhau  22-09-2017 01_05_cr.jpg
Mordhau-Win64-Shipping 2017-09-17 17-32-14-876_cr.jpg
Mordhau-Win64-Shipping 2017-09-17 17-32-22-229_cr.jpg
Mordhau  18-09-2017 20_38_cr.jpg

Sorry, if these have been reported already.

Baron 1226 1617
  • 19 Sep '17
 Carlo_Mano

May I remind you that there still is no azerty keyboard support? It still is not in the known bugs list

Knight 399 869
  • 19 Sep '17
 Alphonse

Found some consistency issues when playing online with my buddies.

Things like this happen to me quite often, and probably to my opponents as well.

I'm not sure if it's a matter of tweaking the animations, or if there's an easy fix to implement in the next weeks. Maybe there's a cool way of doing knockback the right way.

If it's something that will always happen to this extend (due to netcode or whatever) then it'd be a shame. These misses are quite jarring.

No frame drops, no ping issues (40-60), both hosted at home computers with sufficient hardware and upload. AFAIK the servers have the default tickrate.

NOTE: Just to clarify what I meant by "quite often", they happen quite frequently. The ones of the video were the less questionable of them, and I felt like this was to be expected of a game 1 week into its alpha.

Knight 227 520
  • 19 Sep '17
 Duckalot

https://gyazo.com/89b0b844d53e25324abf8824ec5e820a

When i launched the game i tried to tab out which resulted in the game starting to do this. It started in the menu, and didnt stop after joining a server.

Baron 578 966
  • 19 Sep '17
 lash

This also happens if you delete intro videos from gamefolder. Not that anyone sane would do that, but might help debugging

Mercenary 2188 3902
  • 19 Sep '17
 EruTheTeapot

20170919230446_1.jpg

I think there is a sliiiiight glitch inside red.

Also met geach in NA today, cool Dev imho

Mercenary 3 5
  • 19 Sep '17
 coremar

When you hit a teammate and enemy then kills him, you get an assist point.

Knight 399 869
  • 19 Sep '17
 Alphonse

@Duckalot said:

When i launched the game i tried to tab out which resulted in the game starting to do this. It started in the menu, and didnt stop after joining a server.

Happened to me for the first time today. I launched Mordhau from Steam. Since it always takes like 10-20 seconds to even load, I altabbed to Chrome (had a youtube video open). Some seconds later, game launched in full screen and it was flicking very weirdly between the Main Menu and a "Mordhau" splash screen. I left it there, sitting in the MM. I alt-tabbed to read this and Mordhau had stopped responding completely.

I'm running Win7 Sp1 with the latest AMD drivers for my gpu.

Knight 227 520
  • 20 Sep '17
 Duckalot

@Alphonse said:

@Duckalot said:

Happened to me for the first time today. I launched Mordhau from Steam. Since it always takes like 10-20 seconds to even load, I altabbed to Chrome (had a youtube video open). Some seconds later, game launched in full screen and it was flicking very weirdly between the Main Menu and a "Mordhau" splash screen. I left it there, sitting in the MM. I alt-tabbed to read this and Mordhau had stopped responding completely.

I'm running Win7 Sp1 with the latest AMD drivers for my gpu.

Yea thats a more accurate description of what happened to me aswell.

Knight 591 1997
  • 20 Sep '17
 LuxCandidus

Contraband / Blood splatter

• In Stouty's video I noticed another spot in which blood takes on a rectangular shape.
Mercenary 112 315
  • 20 Sep '17
 Racemate

@LuxCandidus said:
Contraband / Blood splatter

• In Stouty's video I noticed another spot in which blood takes on a rectangular shape.

I too noticed that:
Mordhau  19-09-2017 19_36_1.jpg
Mordhau  19-09-2017 23_02.jpg
Mordhau  19-09-2017 18_40_1.jpg

Also, sometimes if someone gets wounded his/her blood appears on the ground as a puddle. I think blood splatters would be more suitable in the case:

Countess 1228 2901
  • 20 Sep '17
 Whisper

This is jelly boy, there are many like him, but this one has the highest concentration of gelatin.

Knight 1 3
  • 20 Sep '17
 Eldred

When using a Quarterstaff, and switching stances with R, the first and third person models are not consistent: When I see myself holding it short, the third person model shows it holding the staff long, and vice versa. I'm not sure if this affects other weapons.

Knight 40 18
  • 20 Sep '17
 FenrirtheFrenzied

Glitches/Bugs

Quite a few maps have a bug where when you clip into the wall slightly you can see through it.

May or may not be a bug - 360 degree attacks (LMB spinning) is still viable. I have a video of MonK Taboo killing me with 360 greatsword swings, it made me a bit sad. (I'll post the video upon request).

Yesterday my menu got stuck in the top left corner of my screen when attempting to do the flourish animation.
My game crashed and there wasn't a button to send the error report (I can't remember what it said and I didn't write it down).

There's no way to disable attacking by left click input which is really annoying when you have keybinds, and the mouse wants to do its own thing. My swings should not surprise my opponent and me.

273 444
  • 20 Sep '17
 YOLANDIVISSER

Is it that outrageous to imagine someone spinning into an enormous sword swing? There are lots of kicks in real life that involve spinning the entire body to generate force.

I think babies who were cut down like grass in Chivalry are just scared and PTSD ridden

Baroness 485 1384
  • 20 Sep '17
 arr0wmanc3r

@YOLANDIVISSER said:
Is it that outrageous to imagine someone spinning into an enormous sword swing? There are lots of kicks in real life that involve spinning the entire body to generate force.

I think babies who were cut down like grass in Chivalry are just scared and PTSD ridden

There is historical precedent for spinning with a greatsword. Certainly not ROHs but several Italian spadone manuals describe swinging the weapon in huge arcs and even rotating the body 180+ degrees in order to hit someone behind you. As in chiv and Mordhau, this tactic was probably mainly used to fight several enemies at once. And now, enjoy Matt Easton being an absolute madman:

(He also uses one handed thrusts with the weapon, something we see in Mordhau)

273 444
  • 20 Sep '17
 YOLANDIVISSER

@arr0wmanc3r said:

@YOLANDIVISSER said:

There is historical precedent for spinning with a greatsword. Certainly not ROHs but several Italian spadone manuals describe swinging the weapon in huge arcs and even rotating the body 180+ degrees in order to hit someone behind you. As in chiv and Mordhau, this tactic was probably mainly used to fight several enemies at once. And now, enjoy Matt Easton being an absolute madman:

(He also uses one handed thrusts with the weapon, something we see in Mordhau)

Yeah this is what I figured without the evidence to back it up. Something that long needs a pretty long swing to get moving and spinning would be a good way to do this.

I understand ROH complaints but spinning with a super long sword is nothing to whine about imo

2 2
  • 20 Sep '17
 seniorclean777

@iluvfuz said:

@DuckSauce said:
Mordhau Bug.png

The game loads quickly, but the Mordhau loading screen doesn't go away, though it continues to load tips. The main menu flickers in and out of visibility but is active in the background of the loading screen as the buttons for play, settings, armory, etc work but after about a minute I'm met with this crash prompt.
Verified integrity of game files through steam, no problems.
Uninstall-Reinstall had no effect.

Had the exact same issue. Apparently what it's trying to do during the flickering loading screen is load and release the splash video.

Workaround:
If you're using a custom codec to override MP4s on your machine, find it and disable it. If this is your cause, this will let you load the video and get to the main menu.

Alternatively, if there's a flag like to skip the splash video, that would likely work better.

Side Note:
My problem was resolved after setting my main audio output device to regular speakers through AUX cord or HDMI, if i used my Turtle beach wireless headset that sends sound via USB, then the problem happens consistently.

Knight 37 35

The mace's stabbing combo is too fast.