Mordhau

Bug Reporting Thread

Knight 399 869
  • 14 Sep '17
 Alphonse

@Mr_Obliviousness said:
When I press the console command key, nothing happens (the one besides 1 right?) I've made sure to be in a game with bots ofc and I've also tried every other key on my keyboard in order to check if I had rebound it, but nothing works :((

Try this:

1. Go to <unit>:\SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\Mordhau\Engine\Config\ and open the BaseInput.ini file.
  2. Locate this line:

+ConsoleKeys=Tilde

1. Change "Tilde" to a different key, for example "J" (or any key which does nothing in-game), and save the file.

2. Restart Mordhau. Console should open up when pressing J.

Knight 60 111
  • 14 Sep '17
 420SmokePyro

Sometimes when someone dies their body disappears instantly. If someone has low hp and I hit him,he dies but there is no body/ragdoll at all. His weapon just drops to the ground.

Baron 578 966
  • 14 Sep '17
 lash

If you have the steam overaly disabled, non of the links in the "News" work.

I think simply putting "IF" could solve this. (from my limited POV . No XP. with steam integration)

People that do not have the overaly, their links will open in desktop default browser. If they do, they will open in steam overlay.

This is obviously not a thing you need to fix ASAP, but think of the new dudes in Beta and Release.

Knight 218 593
  • 14 Sep '17
 Mr_Obliviousness

@Alphonse said:

@Mr_Obliviousness said:
When I press the console command key, nothing happens (the one besides 1 right?) I've made sure to be in a game with bots ofc and I've also tried every other key on my keyboard in order to check if I had rebound it, but nothing works :((

Try this:

1. Go to <unit>:\SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\Mordhau\Engine\Config\ and open the BaseInput.ini file.
  2. Locate this line:

+ConsoleKeys=Tilde

1. Change "Tilde" to a different key, for example "J" (or any key which does nothing in-game), and save the file.

2. Restart Mordhau. Console should open up when pressing J.

Omfg thank you man <3

Knight 256 264
  • 14 Sep '17
 CrimsonKing

Visual Glitch

20170914221039_1.jpg

• To reproduce:
    Go into settings>video> turn on cloth physics, apply, then turn cloth physics off and apply again, close the menu and it will be there. It doesn't appear in 3rd person, only in 1st. If you open up menu again and close it it will disappear.
16 11
  • 14 Sep '17
 VladimusMaximus

@Grebnedlog said:

@VladimusMaximus said:
PLEASE fix the SteamVR launch bug, so I can actually try this game....

When the steamvr window loads, go to the Settings -> Developer and then uncheck "Start SteamVR when an application starts".

You'll have to then exit the game and exit the steamvr window, then the game should load normally without trying to VR.

Nope, steamvr.exe does not load but it still loads up all associated processes and files. The game launches /w sound but ends up running at 10fps even at 1920x and I have a beast system /w a 1080ti... :/

4 12
  • 14 Sep '17
 iluvfuz

@DuckSauce said:
Mordhau Bug.png

The game loads quickly, but the Mordhau loading screen doesn't go away, though it continues to load tips. The main menu flickers in and out of visibility but is active in the background of the loading screen as the buttons for play, settings, armory, etc work but after about a minute I'm met with this crash prompt.
Verified integrity of game files through steam, no problems.
Uninstall-Reinstall had no effect.

Had the exact same issue. Apparently what it's trying to do during the flickering loading screen is load and release the splash video.

Workaround:
If you're using a custom codec to override MP4s on your machine, find it and disable it. If this is your cause, this will let you load the video and get to the main menu.

Alternatively, if there's a flag like to skip the splash video, that would likely work better.

Knight 66 72
  • 14 Sep '17
 DoubleK

Just got a "Fatal Error" (nothing more) in the middle of a game. That was the first crash I've experienced so far.

Knight 3 2
  • 15 Sep '17
 MeenaMii

Game crashes every time if I try loading it from the "Recently Played/Pinned" menu when right clicking Steam. Launching from Library or from Friends List works fine.

edit: as of patch, it seems to work. will edit if it happens again.

Mercenary 2188 3902
  • 15 Sep '17
 EruTheTeapot

Animations

• When holstering you weapons and using emotes, right hand is clenched like still holding a weapon. A minor thing but there it goes.
Knight 595 2006
  • 15 Sep '17
 LuxCandidus

Map - Contraband

• Blood splatter on the pillar is unnatural. The same rectangular shape appeared on the floor, but smaller in size. It was beneath the corpse on the right.
    20170915120105_1.jpg
    Camera
  • Upon joining a server the camera is partially in the ground. It does not occur on The Pit.
    20170915121235_1.jpg
    20170915121049_1.jpg
    20170915121411_1.jpg
Knight 83 115
  • 15 Sep '17
 Mufflin

20170915122900_1.jpg

The AI won't leave the spawn on one side.

I assume this is because their pathing tells them to avoid falling and this side of the spawn is too high so they just stand there watching you. If you jump at them they move slightly closer but then the anti falling bit takes over and moves them away from the edge.

Countess 1228 2901
  • 15 Sep '17
 Whisper

graphical things
On Grad and I believe the pit both blood decals and shadows can be seen through the floor.

When in character customization sometimes longer waist options cloth physics get caught in themselves

16 11
  • 15 Sep '17
 VladimusMaximus

No SteamVR fix? :/

Knight 83 115
  • 15 Sep '17
 Mufflin

Combat issues:

• I'm having issues with the aiming system when chambering. It doesn't seem sensitive enough. You can tracking the tip of the enemies weapon but because you didn't move the mouse enough in the specific direction while tracking the system doesn't detect the angle and just does a standard attack causing you to fail to chamber. Some way to increase sensitivity of angle detection would be nice. Attacks coming from below are particularly bad because it never seems to detect your response.

• The bots have issues with stabbing, when they go for a stab towards your left it is possible to completely sidestep them the majority of the time without needing to parry or chamber.

• When you do sidestep it is possible for them to bring the weapon round into your back at the end of the attack and do full damage despite it being a stab attack because the weapon happened to collide. This is particularly bad with spears where the whole stick counts as the head of the weapon so any bit touching you hurts.

1 0
  • 15 Sep '17
 Syfher

My mouse doesn't allow me to turn :

Left and right button are fine, the mouse displays fine in the menu. But in game, I am unable to turn my character using my mouse (Logitech Gaming mouse).

Knight 1269 3805
  • 15 Sep '17
 Frise

Can´t feint with ´L´. I can feint with any other key except L. I checked, and it´s not conflicting with any other keybind.

Baron 495 1380

Not a huge deal - but some weapons clip through the body depending on lean angle.

this player is leaning back and weapon clips through belly.

WeaponThrough.png

Knight 399 869
  • 15 Sep '17
 Alphonse

In-game Menu (i.e., the pause menu)

If you press ESC to access the armory or the settings and the match suddenly ends, you will lose all progress you made to your settings and loadouts unless you apply the changes before the map rotation kicks in. Thing is if you've had this menu open for a long time, you have no way of telling if time is running out and you might lose your progress.

I know this might be hard to implement, but a little warning a minute or so before the match is supposed to end (either from time running out or getting the max score) might be cool if you're playing casually. Alternatively, a "you were previously editing THIS loadout with THESE changes, do you want to keep them?" (sort of like a temporary copy of a specific loadout) after you switch maps might achieve the same.

@•҉Ɓaron voŋ Moorland said:
Not a huge deal - but some weapons clip through the body depending on lean angle.

Yep, also "overheads" and some weapons carried on your back clip through your back as well.