Mordhau

Bug Reporting Thread

Knight 27 34
  • 13 Sep '17
 LegendaryZero

@Ceegal said:
I'm pretty sure this is a bug with the "Flips Attack Side". Shouldn't the blade go in the direction of the mouse swipe? (sorry for shit quality)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5KJBYWGKG0&feature=youtu.be

Yeah, same for me. It seemed like Flips Attack Side is not functional for both free directional strikes and bounded fixed angle attacks as well.
Example - A standing still strike seemed to be right swing, regardless of if I hold down left alt or not, or even if the toggle button is checked or not.

Count 92 260
  • 13 Sep '17
 Intellicide

Shadows

• The shadows seem inconsistent between player model and weapon, in a way that the weapon's shadow seems quite solid but the players does not, causing a floating weapon effect in the shadow as can be seen in the picture below:shadows.jpg
Knight 263 646
  • 13 Sep '17
 Yirtox

For the AZERTY keyboards, instead of binding numbers for switching weapons, I bound them to & ; ' ; etc.
Now I can switch weapons, but I still can't select emotes.

Baron 578 966
  • 13 Sep '17
 lash

@Nautilus said:
Map Spawning

I occasionally can not move once I spawn into a map

Alt-Tabbing seemed to cause this to me, i switched to windowed fullscreen

Knight 399 869
  • 13 Sep '17
 Alphonse

A few more.

Loading screens

• Unreal Engine 4 music is too loud.

• Triternion logo animation looks blurry even in 1080p (might be due to a video in a lower resolution).

UI / Menus / Controls (inside Settings)

• For consistency's sake, the "Show Profile select" keybind should be changed to "Show Loadout select" (B is the default key) as different customizations are referred to as "loadouts" in the rest of the menus, and even when you press B while in game.

UI / Armory

• If you click on the green + button or the Duplicate button, the game asks you to enter a name for the new loadout. If you leave empty and click Okay, nothing really happens. There should be some warning with some text like "Please enter a name or the loadout won't be saved" or something like that..

• Very long loadout names spill horribly out of the bounds of the screen while inside the Armory section (doesn't occur in the Loadout select menu, inside armory or when pressing B ingame). Screenshot: https://imgur.com/LudTIjq
    Also, the arrow is hard to see if the loadout name is too long:
    spillout.jpg

UI / Armory / Armor loadout

• Selecting some armor pieces disables other elements from other parts of your loadout (probably because the models would not mess well together or certain armor types only allow similar armor type parts in other places). These "rules" are not explained properly in the UI which might be confusing for newbies or people trying different loadouts. For example, picking up a Shirt (Torso), only lets you choose "Chain gloves" (Hands). If you change your Shirt to any medium armor, Hands will now allow a lot more customization options (Chainmail mittens, Gothic Gauntlets, etc.).

UI / Armory / Face sculpting

• The UI is not very intuitive because not all sculpting groups can be rotated / scaled / moved equally. Some can only be rotated while others can be moved and scaled, but not rotated. This is kinda confusing.

• Sometimes you will scroll up / down to pick different sculpting groups and you'll lose the "focus", meaning you won't be able to easily switch from, say the eyes area to the jaw areas. To reproduce:

1. place cursor on one of the eyelids and notice that the highlight is focused on that particular eyelid.
2. move cursor to jaw or chin, and notice that the highlight is now placed there.
3. go back to the eyelid level, scroll up to select a 3 or 4 times wider area and try to place cursor on the jaw / chin.
4. the area won't be highlighted nor responsive, so you'll have to scroll all the way down until the eyelid is selected to sculpt a different group.

Gameplay / Online play

• Choosing a loadout won't load that specific loadout for some unknown reason. Instead I'll occasionally join the map with a naked weaponless dude (even though none of my loadouts has a naked weaponless dude in them).

• Can't equip a shield + fisticuffs.

• If you have a shield up and a throwable weapon on your right hand, you'll "holster" the shield the moment you throw your weapon (in both 1P and 3P). Not sure if this is a mechanics decision, but you can pick a shield (on your left hand) and have nothing on your right just fine, except after you throw said weapon.

Gameplay / Local play

• Not enough bot names at this moment (if you spam 16 bots lots of them will have the exact same names and loadouts).
Knight 60 111
  • 13 Sep '17
 420SmokePyro

When I partially cut off a head it tends to go "inside" the body and looks really weird.

20170913031753_1.jpg

20170913013646_1.jpg

Knight 218 593
  • 13 Sep '17
 Mr_Obliviousness

When you die in third person, the camera teleports you to the middle of the map in spectating mode. Imo it would be cool to see your body fall over, but the camera moves the instant you die :/

Conscript 294 345
  • 13 Sep '17
 Qwampa

The swing tracer stay slider does not seem to work. Can someone else confirm?

Knight 161 227
  • 13 Sep '17
 Q

Mouse sensitivity setting doesn't save, and resets back to default after restarting the game. All other options seem to save fine, so far.

Knight 240 1078
  • 13 Sep '17
 Corsario

The Pit

• orange glowing highlight (without nearby objects) around these rocks on The Pit map. It came up at some point of the game, cuz I didn't see any at the beginning of the round:
    20170913141037_1.jpg
52 40

@lash said:
I want to clarify the bug with movement.

Every time, when you are freshly spawned if you walk and press emote it will stop you, does not matter what emote.

Next time untill your death, you can press it while moving.

Can be reproduced by opening and closing the chat.

-open and close
-start moving
-press default x
//movement stopped

8 6
  • 13 Sep '17
 Andimar

I'm getting heavy localized screen tearing/texture bleeding (not sure what to call it) in this game when I move the camera around.

Vertical syncronization seems to fix it, but it's not really an acceptable alternative for anyone...

(I don't have this in nay other game BTW)

I'm on a Radeon 290x, Windows 10. Any other Radeon users over here?

Knight 263 646
  • 13 Sep '17
 Yirtox

20170913174917_1.jpg
Blood through ceiling

Knight 263 646
  • 13 Sep '17
 Yirtox

When you throw a weapon at someone and it sticks on them, you can take the weapon back by pressing E, but the weapon you just took doesn't disappear from his body, which means it's an unlimited supply of that weapon sticking out of someone.

Edit : This was on a offline server. I tried it again in multiplayer and it worked.

Knight 1 1
  • 13 Sep '17
 +---__TNT__

When the dying animation play, the kill feed become all blurry and we can't see who kill us until the animation is done.

Knight 60 111
  • 13 Sep '17
 420SmokePyro

@Andimar said:
I'm getting heavy localized screen tearing/texture bleeding (not sure what to call it) in this game when I move the camera around.

Vertical syncronization seems to fix it, but it's not really an acceptable alternative for anyone...

I'm on a Radeon 290x. Any other Radeon users over here?

I have a 270x. I had some problems in the menu the first time I launched the game but that was the only problem. Try to disable some video settings or something,maybe that works.

Count 671 1130
  • 13 Sep '17
 Zexis

General / Video

• When playing in fullscreen, most of the time when pressing ESC to bring up the menu I can move my cursor from the game to another monitor and click without causing my screens to go black and shift focus from the game (as if I had alt-tabbed), which is very useful. Sometimes however, it does act like an alt-tab and my screen goes black for a moment while it shifts focus away.

I will update this post if I find out how to reproduce.

8 6
  • 13 Sep '17
 Andimar

@420SmokePyro said:

@Andimar said:

I'm on a Radeon 290x. Any other Radeon users over here?

I have a 270x. I had some problems in the menu the first time I launched the game but that was the only problem. Try to disable some video settings or something,maybe that works.

Unfortunately I've tried a shitton of things and none of them worked.

Count 10 70
  • 13 Sep '17
 teripper

Bug: While playing, the game freezes for long periods (20 seconds) until finally crashing during a freeze.

I was recording using OBS at the time the freezes happened.
Here's a screenshot of the error: https://gyazo.com/118e99eb2a970d4b850b5c78770b3fd3

Knight 40 40
  • 13 Sep '17
 Madcat

Possible bug:
Health stops regenerating for a few seconds if you use emotes while wounded