Mordhau
Mordhau Merch
Check out our merch shop!

Bug Reporting Thread

52 40

UI Bug / Joining a server

Launched normally, attempted to join a server, when the overlay disappeared, and I was left with the character and the gray background. When I clicked and dragged, I was able to rotate the camera. After exiting, and relaunching, it continued to happen whenever I attempted to join an official server. I could join other servers fine (tested with 3 unofficial servers, 3 official), exit them, and still reproduce the bug whenever I attempted to join an official server.

After Exited the game and launched it a second time: Successfully joined an official server, then exited. Attempted to join another official server, the US East Umbriel one, and failed. Attempted to join non-official, succeeded.

Relaunched 4th time: Fails once again whenever I try to join an official server. Able to join other servers fine.

After restarting computer: Was able to join an official server successfully. Left that server, attempted to join another official server, one I had not connected to. It failed. Still able to join non-official servers.

Video (excuse the music)

Next day: I seem to be able to reproduce it whenever I join an empty official server.

Knight 41 35
  • 29 Jan '18
 Fürst von Butz

Having my shadow setting on low, my own shadow is a blob while others are crisp. Seems like the shadow setting only affects my own shadow?

20180129120615_1.jpg

Mercenary 2193 3914
  • 29 Jan '18
 EruTheTeapot

you also have a reverse 3 on your right side handle for some reason. Thats a FOV thing I guess ?

Knight 627 2068
  • 29 Jan '18
 LuxCandidus

Adding to that, I have noticed something strange going on with weapon shadows.

Normally it looks like this:
20180129131511_1.jpg

But sometimes the weapon shadow is more prominent:
20180129131507_1.jpg

This can make it look like only your weapon has a shadow. It happens regardless if shadows are set to low, high, or ultra. Doing something that would 'update' the shadow such as flourishing or changing the setting in the menu causes it to go away, but simple movement does not. I am able to recreate this bug by switching between my primary and secondary, but it takes dozens of tries.

52 40

Crashing - Audio bug

Game crashed when I was playing around with the audio levels. Neither chrome nor the Google Play Music desktop app crashed at the time.

Duke 5558 13284
  • 30 Jan '18
 Jax — Community Manager

@PhillyCheesesteak said:
Crashing - Audio bug

Game crashed when I was playing around with the audio levels. Neither chrome nor the Google Play Music desktop app crashed at the time.

the game doesn't like alt-tabbing sometimes, Mordhau demands your full, undivided attention

Duke 5558 13284
  • 31 Jan '18
 Jax — Community Manager

@Spook not sure if this has been reported, but spamming M while loading game causes this

Mordhau-Win64-Shipping_2018_01_30_17_48_19_635.png

Knight 627 2068
  • 31 Jan '18
 LuxCandidus

Menu / UI

• Holding RMB while hovering over the list of servers allows you to move it up and down by moving the mouse. Most of you probably did not know that. However, you can keep pushing the list of servers down. This was probably not intended.
    20180131194949_1.jpg
Sellsword 3 10
  • 1 Feb '18
 ChizzletheEdgy

Not sure if this has been reported yet, but whenever I start the game I get 2 or 3 solid minutes of a black screen until the game logos starting rolling and i can reach the main menu. Also in addition to that sometimes when I start the game the mordhua loading screen keeps popping up back and forth is a whopping 2 frames per second in the loading screen. The menu is still operable but it kinda seizure inducing, it goes away once you start up a game.

Those were the only problems I've encountered, other than that great game guys. really enjoying it.

Knight 1836 2232
  • 1 Feb '18
 Void

@ChizzletheEdgy said:
Not sure if this has been reported yet, but whenever I start the game I get 2 or 3 solid minutes of a black screen until the game logos starting rolling and i can reach the main menu. Also in addition to that sometimes when I start the game the mordhua loading screen keeps popping up back and forth is a whopping 2 frames per second in the loading screen. The menu is still operable but it kinda seizure inducing, it goes away once you start up a game.

Those were the only problems I've encountered, other than that great game guys. really enjoying it.

Hi and welcome to the game.
Both of these issues are known.
The delay when the game starts is fairly common. I have it too but it doesn't take that long. More like 1 minute.
The stuttering in the loading screen is not so common. It happened to me 2-3 times. Maybe it's a driver issue.

52 40

@Jax said:

@PhillyCheesesteak said:
Crashing - Audio bug

the game doesn't like alt-tabbing sometimes, Mordhau demands your full, undivided attention

I'm using windowed full screen, haven't had it crash before after launching before. The crash occurred immediately after I pressed "apply" for the changes.

Baron 1647 5234
  • 2 Feb '18
 Lincs

20180201225042_1.jpg
The vambrace texture clips into the bare arms, looks awkward.

20180201221514_1.jpg
This guy was wearing all heavy armor, and as soon as he died he turned naked.

Mercenary 2193 3914
  • 24 Feb '18
 EruTheTeapot

Recently I opened up a Local Game in Camp with 4-5 bots. When the map loaded up, bots were all spinning at their spawn point with out any other action. Don't know If coincidence or not but when I killed one of the bots I instantly got dc'ed from local match. Without even seeing the kill log or something with the message "Connection to the host have been lost" or something like that.

First time seeing that happen afaik.

1 0
  • 26 Feb '18
 kevinblack

hi everyone, for bug reporting, you should try www.bugrem.com tool

Baron 1647 5234
  • 26 Feb '18
 Lincs

@kevinblack said:

potato-salad-with-peas-18-56a8ba805f9b58b7d0f4a390.jpg

Mercenary 2193 3914
  • 26 Feb '18
 EruTheTeapot

Animation

• Short Spear doesn't have an idle movement animation in 1p. Stands completely still with or without shield
Knight 3313 6811
  • 27 Feb '18
 Bodkin

@kevinblack said:

BEGONE.png

Mercenary 108 580
Baron 1647 5234
  • 27 Feb '18
 Lincs

Posted this on some other threads, but

When I tried to join an empty server it stripped away the UI and left me with a freecam view of the avatar that was on the menu screen.

Pressing escape brought the server browser back, but I couldn't join any servers. It would just take me back to the freecam view.
20180227115514_1.jpg
20180227115529_1.jpg

Knight 15 49
  • 28 Feb '18
 MonoXtr

Server Connection

I am genuinely not sure whether this is a bug or some weird thing with my ethernet but I figured I would list it just in case. Randomly during a match I will get disconnected from the server and sent back to the main menu with an error message that says "connection has timed out". My internet is perfectly stable so it isn't just cutting out momentarily. This may have to do with alt tabbing but I have not noticed any direct correlation.