Mordhau Merch
Check out our merch shop!

Bug Reporting Thread

Mercenary 108 580
Knight 445 1074
  • 29 Sep '17
 Knight Nicholas

@LuxCandidus said:

• Flourishing on Contraband while looking at the water makes white lines appear. They are far more noticeable in-game than in screenshots.

Pretty sure you're a wizard, and just now finding out you have the ability to control water.

Knight 2 0

UI

Unsure if this has been posted before, but the UI, both in the kill feed and on the scoreboard, cuts off parts of the players username if it is longer than a given limit. My full name on steam is The Muscles From Brussels, but it gets cut off as The Muscles From Bru in game. It's a minor annoyance that I'd like to mention, I know some other games do the same thing so it appears to be a steam issue.

105 685
  • 30 Sep '17
 Spook — UI

@TheMusclesFromBrussels said:
UI

Unsure if this has been posted before, but the UI, both in the kill feed and on the scoreboard, cuts off parts of the players username if it is longer than a given limit. My full name on steam is The Muscles From Brussels, but it gets cut off as The Muscles From Bru in game. It's a minor annoyance that I'd like to mention, I know some other games do the same thing so it appears to be a steam issue.

I've had a couple reports of this, it's really bizarre. All places where usernames show up are scaled to handle up to 32 char names (same length limit as steam names) so nothing should be getting cut off anywhere. I can't seem to reproduce it in editor either which makes me think it could be a strange build bug. Let me know of any other names that it happens to, and if it still occurs after changing names a few times.

Knight 8 1
  • 1 Oct '17
 RonPaul

Hello,

I've started running into an issue since A6 with my server map rotation. It seems to only play FFA_Pit. I can manually change the level but if I let the maps run their course they just go to FFA_Pit. My maplist config in my .ini file is:

+MapRotation=TDM_Camp
+MapRotation=FFA_Grad
+MapRotation=TDM_ThePit
+MapRotation=SKM_Camp
+MapRotation=TDM_Contraband
+MapRotation=FFA_ThePit
+MapRotation=TDM_Camp
+MapRotation=SKM_Grad
+MapRotation=TDM_Contraband
+apRotation=FFA_Camp
+MapRotation=TDM_ThePit
+MapRotation=SKM_Contraband

The map rotation seemed to work fine prior to A6 for us. I'm not sure if this is an issue with the game, my server, or a combination of the two.

Knight 1388 3163
  • 1 Oct '17
 Tim_Fragmagnet

2 spots you can crouch into to get some major camera clipping. Can also clip your entire head in.
0 camera distance

Knight 37 35

I decided to observe bots on how they fight by accessing their first-person cameras using the spectator cam and the bots seem to be looking down alot while they fight sometimes. They seem to have heavy heads.

2428 4937
  • 3 Oct '17
 Maci

@EpicNTheFadeda.k.a.Dr.See said:
I decided to observe bots on how they fight by accessing their first-person cameras using the spectator cam and the bots seem to be looking down alot while they fight sometimes. They seem to have heavy heads.

they sad
they know they'll never break out of the mordhau
dying over and over again
seeing their humiliated corpses as they respawn, running into certain death again

45 52
  • 4 Oct '17
 Cow

I don't know if someone said that before but you can't alt + tab during a loading screen, i have a black screen and my game crash everytime.

Knight 321 611
  • 4 Oct '17
 Duckalot

@Cow said:
I don't know if someone said that before but you can't alt + tab during a loading screen, i have a black screen and my game crash everytime.

Its a known issue. It even says so in the patch notes. Will be fixed in time.

Knight 706 1084
  • 4 Oct '17
 VampireDuck

When plugging in USB headphones while the game is running doesn't switch the sound to the headphones but continues playing out of the speakers. If I plug the headphones in before I run the game however, everything is fine.

Knight 830 1764
  • 5 Oct '17
 Ulkenstride

Also, while ingame, if you unplug your Headphones, then plug them back in, the Game is silent.

Knight 399 873
  • 6 Oct '17
 Alphonse

There's something weird with how the characters move and turn this way or that, maybe having to do with netcode, which I don't know if it can be optimized considering the tickrate is already at 60 cycles.

All the little twists you can do while strafing and turning the mouse (not even attacking) are not rendered as fluidly as they should. This makes for float-y teleport-y combat which just looks weird on the outside, and it's aggravated everytime lighter classes get a speed bump.

The easiest way to demonstrate this is just to spin your character in its place by quickly moving your mouse. Do 360s, 640s, etc. Throw attacks and see how the animation blends very poorly, from the moment the spin stops to the second a windup comes, there will be some missing frames that tell where the attack and the player will strike from. I'm not talking about dragging, just the player position before the attack comes.

I'm running the game at lowest settings with a steady 64 fps and I can't really tell what's going on when someone does this. I see this happening when I have 40-50 ms ping as well as the other player.

Baron 495 1381

@Maci said:

@EpicNTheFadeda.k.a.Dr.See said:

they sad
they know they'll never break out of the mordhau
dying over and over again
seeing their humiliated corpses as they respawn, running into certain death again

"Sad"?! That sounds like Valhalla to me!

Knight 37 35

I have more bugs I found which includes:

• Blood in main menu after leaving the test level after battling.
    and
  • Messer has bad hit box

20171006175111_1.jpg
20171003154318_1.jpg

Knight 37 35

I figured out what was making blood appear in the armory, my settings were set to No Dismemberment or Blood. Might need a fix...

Duchess 6897 9885
  • 7 Oct '17
 Sir Zombie

Weapons have different tracers for enviroment

Knight 2 1
  • 8 Oct '17
 Vanillakilla

The Battleaxe seems to disappear when you change weapons, every other weapon ether goes on your back or your belt but not the battleaxe. Also, please bring back the double sided battle axe :D it's my favorite weapon in the game and I LOVED the look of the double sided blade.

Knight 706 1084
  • 8 Oct '17
 VampireDuck

At the very end of a skirmish match, just before it was going to change maps I quit to the main menu. Then after just a brief moment on the main menu it started loading the next map for the same server I just quit. The map loaded fine and it didn't seem like there was any problems (apart from not being on the main menu :p).

Knight 331 456
  • 9 Oct '17
 TwistedFox

If you switch teams at the start of a skirmish round (the countdown) you can't play for a round and you have a fixed camera
Rarely, the screen will flicker between the loading screen and the main menu (didn't really show up well in the screenshot)
More weird head tracking

20171008112903_1.jpg
20171009080226_1.jpg
20170928175441_1.jpg

Don't know why but the screenshots are sticking small