Mordhau Merch
Check out our merch shop!

Bug Reporting Thread

Knight 1388 3163
  • 26 Sep '17
 Tim_Fragmagnet

@geach3d FIX YOUR BARRELS THEY BE MISSING POLYGONS

BARREL.png

SINGULAR PIXEL (open the full size images)

pixel.png
pixels.png

8 4

There are weird stutters in animations during fights i have no FPS drops but for some reason when the trail effect happens from a drag the animations in battles seem to get stuttery not super choppy but its noticable and makes it hard to follow weapons. Is anyone else having this issue? I run in 4k with ultra/high settings fullscreened.
NVIDIA 1080 FTW Hybrid 8GB
32Gigs Corsair Vengeance pro 2133
Game is on my 840 evo SSD
I7-4790k 4.0ghz

i have checked my temp's they are all completly fine. Have checked in game settings and motion blur is off Vsync is on.
Also there seems to be a weird shading bug or something with blood that is causing the pixels in it to flicker or something. As well as the game seems to have maybe input lag or key press delay or something. My periphials are less than a year old i have a corsair k95 platinum keyboard cherry mx brown switches and a logitech g502 mouse. i have not noticed this issue in any other game.
The weird stuttering seems to be only Contraband and The Pit maps i am not notcing it much on Camp
Trying to get video of it where i am not talking in it.
also the ice skating is still a thing. Will try and get videos posted later my upload is terrible right now.

Knight 86 94

@Frise said:

@DrEpochノಥ益ಥノ said:
For some reason really long weapons that swing "slow" swing the same speed as other shorter weapons, but their damage faze of their swing lasts like 4x's as long.

This doesn't mean the weapon is "slow" it means its exploitable. For instance missing a stab on a spear, but then being able to look to the side to still have it land.

So you can intentionally miss a stab to bait the parry and just move the stab over to land it or get around shields

God forbid that there was actual interaction in the game instead of just an RMB spam-fest.

This is a bugs thread, get your whining out of here.

It appears you haven't submitted a bug report.
!unsubscribe

Knight 331 456
Knight 331 456
  • 27 Sep '17
 TwistedFox

For some reason really long weapons that swing "slow" swing the same speed as other shorter weapons, but their damage faze of their swing lasts like 4x's as long.
This doesn't mean the weapon is "slow" it means its exploitable. For instance missing a stab on a spear, but then being able to look to the side to still have it land.

So you can intentionally miss a stab to bait the parry and just move the stab over to land it or get around shields

This is called a stab drag.

Knight 146 159
  • 27 Sep '17
 Zetboi

@Corpsehammer said:
Server sometimes causes all players to time out when rotating maps during the transition between maps, when you briefly see the disconnect warning, after which everyone is returned to title screen with message "Connection to host timed out" or similar.

Before I complain to Simrai, I thought perhaps this is software since the server itself doesn't restart. It's immediately visible on the server list with the expected map after getting kicked, despite having 0 players down from any number. This has been noticed periodically since update 2 I believe.

Some things to be known:

• Server performs otherwise normally with excellent pings
  • This occurs with server tickrate at 60 as well as 120
  • I reinstalled the server and freshly updated it today, modifying only tick rate and removing all maps from rotation except ffa_camp, only to find the problem seemed to be worse with mass kicks occuring every 2-3 rounds

Here's the Webconsole Log of right after the server starts to right after the scenario occurs:

https://pastebin.com/KYtHFYbA
Map change begins at line 209
All players are disconnected starting at line 220

Just to add to this, this has been posted about before. It's been a thing since alpha launch.

And welcome to the forums. Thanks for the additional info. :)

Knight 941 2569
Knight 399 873
  • 27 Sep '17
 Alphonse

Gameplay / controls

I'm still having a lot of troubles with directional stabbing. Flicking strikes is now second nature almost, but when I stab, my character will throw 4 left to right stabs even though I'm moving my mouse left to right. If I exaggerate the motion it will reflect the input direction, but just having to do so takes my ability to focus on the opponent I have in front.

To illustrate this, say my opponent is to my right. So I'll strafe left, and stab from the left. This stab is ok. Then I'll circle to the right, drag my mouse left to right and stab, expecting a drag from the right, but it comes from the left. It's a lot easier to parry them because no matter how you drag it, it's always right in front of my opponent's face.

I tried different mice and it's always the same inconsistency. A fix could be increasing the window for any attack that's bound to the scroll wheel by 25 ms, just because the scrolling motion is less sensitive and responsive than a button press, which occurs instantly.

Knight 86 94

I like how everyone in this game, or at least everyone on the forums calls them missing bit being saved by a shitty mechanic a drag. It's sad

Knight 321 611
  • 27 Sep '17
 Duckalot

http://plays.tv/video/59cc1304100ccdea98/hit-reg-glitch-

Dont know if you still need these clips, but had a hit reg problem with the spear, so i thought i would share it.

Knight 58 78
  • 27 Sep '17
 男の娘

@Duckalot said:

Dont know if you still need these clips, but had a hit reg problem with the spear, so i thought i would share it.

lmao youre actually missing

Knight 321 611
  • 27 Sep '17
 Duckalot

@XXXFARCON said:

@Duckalot said:

lmao youre actually missing

The second 2 yes. The first no. That should have been a hit.

Knight 27 34
  • 28 Sep '17
 LegendaryZero

@Alphonse said:
Gameplay / controls

I'm still having a lot of troubles with directional stabbing. Flicking strikes is now second nature almost, but when I stab, my character will throw 4 left to right stabs even though I'm moving my mouse left to right. If I exaggerate the motion it will reflect the input direction, but just having to do so takes my ability to focus on the opponent I have in front.

To illustrate this, say my opponent is to my right. So I'll strafe left, and stab from the left. This stab is ok. Then I'll circle to the right, drag my mouse left to right and stab, expecting a drag from the right, but it comes from the left. It's a lot easier to parry them because no matter how you drag it, it's always right in front of my opponent's face.

I tried different mice and it's always the same inconsistency. A fix could be increasing the window for any attack that's bound to the scroll wheel by 25 ms, just because the scrolling motion is less sensitive and responsive than a button press, which occurs instantly.

Just chiming in to say that I'm experiencing this too. I had pointed this out a week ago or so. Directional stabbing is still inconsistent as compared to an attack bound to LMB. It would be interesting to see if the proposed solution (extra 25ms for scroll wheel) fix the issue. Other commenter had tried binding the stab attack to side button on mouse which fixed the issue with directional stabs instantly. So, we know for sure that issue lie in how the game treat scroll wheel.

Knight 1269 3811
  • 28 Sep '17
 Frise

Friend spawned a huge number of bots (probly like 100) in his sv and after he removed them, we all still had our fps affected for the duration of the map.

1 1
  • 28 Sep '17
 Raknarg

idk if this has been found, I found it a couple times and it appears to be reproducible.

If you are in the countdown before the round starts and you switch characters, the sprint button breaks. When you try to sprint, your character actually moves slower than walking. I'm assuming this has something to do with the armor loadout affecting speeds.

This lasts until you respawn.

Knight 627 2068
  • 28 Sep '17
 LuxCandidus

Main menu

• Mashing spacebar during the Triternion logo will cause the featured character to be missing. It seems he instantly flies up and to the left. I have seen others' characters get partially offset, still present but not where they should be.
    20170928140542_1.jpg

Weapon models / blood

• Only the default side of the pickaxe gets bloody. Killing someone with the alternate grip adds blood to the wrong side.

The non-default side lacks blood after several kills with it.
20170928141425_1.jpg

The default side gets bloody as intended, but it also gets bloody when you kill someone with the alternate grip.
20170928141426_1.jpg

Several kills with both sides, only the default has blood.
20170928141442_1.jpg

Mercenary 2193 3914
  • 28 Sep '17
 EruTheTeapot

Skirmirsh - Grad

I changed Loadouts while waiting to spawn and I couldn't sprint forward properly with Shift. It would stop-move-stop-move like I was tapping W Key continously

I wasn't though

X Files Theme

Knight 331 456
  • 28 Sep '17
 TwistedFox

@LuxCandidus said:
Main menu

• Mashing spacebar during the Triternion logo will cause the featured character to be missing. It seems he instantly flies up and to the left. I have seen others' characters get partially offset, still present but not where they should be.

GOTTA TRY THAT RIGHT NOW

Knight 941 2569
  • 28 Sep '17
 Pred

After landing a stab and comboing to another stab the game sometimes inputs a strike (overhead) even though all I do is scroll up. Managed to recreate it a couple of times, works only at this angle:

https://streamable.com/gubkb

Weird stuttered chamber:

https://streamable.com/duaoa

Knight 627 2068
  • 29 Sep '17
 LuxCandidus

Graphics

• Flourishing on Contraband while looking at the water makes white lines appear. They are far more noticeable in-game than in screenshots.

Everything looks fine.
20170929092221_1.jpg
Until I flourish and white lines appear in the water.
20170929092221_2.jpg
20170929092233_1.jpg
20170929092234_1.jpg
20170929092305_1.jpg
20170929092306_1.jpg

If you are not looking at the water then they do not appear. I am guessing the flourish animation has an effect to make it more fluid, and the water looks weird through that effect.

20170929092449_1.jpg
20170929092451_1.jpg