Mordhau
Mordhau Merch
Check out our merch shop!

Bug Reporting Thread

Knight 40 18

@arr0wmanc3r said:

@YOLANDIVISSER said:
Is it that outrageous to imagine someone spinning into an enormous sword swing? There are lots of kicks in real life that involve spinning the entire body to generate force.

I think babies who were cut down like grass in Chivalry are just scared and PTSD ridden

There is historical precedent for spinning with a greatsword. Certainly not ROHs but several Italian spadone manuals describe swinging the weapon in huge arcs and even rotating the body 180+ degrees in order to hit someone behind you. As in chiv and Mordhau, this tactic was probably mainly used to fight several enemies at once. And now, enjoy Matt Easton being an absolute madman:

(He also uses one handed thrusts with the weapon, something we see in Mordhau)

In the video yes the way he's using the sword is in an entirely practical manner. Those cuts are coming from the front of the body in a great sweeping arc that keeps the momentum. He is not spinning his entire body in a slashing motion turning his back and then losing all the momentum (which is what happened in Mordhau).

Also 1 Handed thrusts are good "ha got you" tactic because you've extended your reach to its furthest extent, but it's incredibly easy to have your sword batted aside and become disarmed in this manner. Which is why the excessive 1 handed thrust animations get a bit irritating.

Skallagrim's video on spinning attacks: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vY9APMJTwT8
KnightSquire's video on spinning attacks: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQpcgJ0O-Tc
Skallgrim's second video on spinning attacks: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8ASbumbHUQ
Matt Easton's video on one handed sword attacks: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSpVt9KLnJ8

Knight 40 18

@YOLANDIVISSER said:
Is it that outrageous to imagine someone spinning into an enormous sword swing? There are lots of kicks in real life that involve spinning the entire body to generate force.

I think babies who were cut down like grass in Chivalry are just scared and PTSD ridden

You can get away with a lot more in unarmed combat for a variety of reasons.

1. You're significantly less likely to become mortally wounded from a single strike (i.e. exposing your back doesn't matter quite as much)
  2. The range is different 0-3ft away as opposed to being hit from 0-10ft away.
  3. It's difficult to block a kick with that much force and can be used to back an opponent up. Parrying with a rigid steel bar means that you're at little risk of things "going through" a block.
Mercenary 3 5
  • 21 Sep '17
 coremar

@YOLANDIVISSER said:

@arr0wmanc3r said:

@YOLANDIVISSER said:

There is historical precedent for spinning with a greatsword. Certainly not ROHs but several Italian spadone manuals describe swinging the weapon in huge arcs and even rotating the body 180+ degrees in order to hit someone behind you. As in chiv and Mordhau, this tactic was probably mainly used to fight several enemies at once. And now, enjoy Matt Easton being an absolute madman:

(He also uses one handed thrusts with the weapon, something we see in Mordhau)

Yeah this is what I figured without the evidence to back it up. Something that long needs a pretty long swing to get moving and spinning would be a good way to do this.

I understand ROH complaints but spinning with a super long sword is nothing to whine about imo

I haven't seen a 360+ swingaround in the video...That is what are the whines about and that is what is gameplaywise nonsence. In real life you can easasily react to this...in game when somebody do 360 in 1v1 combat...pretty much no chance.

Knight 399 873
  • 21 Sep '17
 Alphonse

GUI / Customization:

Changing an emblem that's displayed only on a shield is pretty tiresome. You need to switch back and forth between the Armor and Gear tabs (that's 3 clicks for switching tabs). If the shield is actually on the secondary or tertiary slots, you need an extra click (that's 4).

Suggestion: Include the emblem menu and slider whenever you're customizing a shield.

Mercenary 83 73

Hey guys, hey devs,

i just found out with a mate that morphing still works when u got no stamina even if it should cost stamina. If u want a proof i could record it but i got shitty internet and it'd take some time to upload it.
Guess this is sth which should be fixed very urgent.

Knight 1269 3811
  • 22 Sep '17
 Frise

Visual Artifact/Glitch

The ocean in the castle map (I can never remember the name) makes some weird white shadows when a weapon moves in front of it.

Knight 706 1084
  • 22 Sep '17
 VampireDuck

When you have used the Toggle Damage command and you jump into an insta-death zone you don't die.
20170922180832_1.jpg

It just loops the damage taken indicators (red flash on the edges of the screen and shouting). This wouldn't be much of a problem but committing suicide doesn't kill you either, so you have to restart the map.

Knight 3 3
  • 22 Sep '17
 DuckSauce

@seniorclean777 said:

@iluvfuz said:

@DuckSauce said:
Mordhau Bug.png

The game loads quickly, but the Mordhau loading screen doesn't go away, though it continues to load tips. The main menu flickers in and out of visibility but is active in the background of the loading screen as the buttons for play, settings, armory, etc work but after about a minute I'm met with this crash prompt.
Verified integrity of game files through steam, no problems.
Uninstall-Reinstall had no effect.

Had the exact same issue. Apparently what it's trying to do during the flickering loading screen is load and release the splash video.

Workaround:
If you're using a custom codec to override MP4s on your machine, find it and disable it. If this is your cause, this will let you load the video and get to the main menu.

Alternatively, if there's a flag like to skip the splash video, that would likely work better.

Side Note:
My problem was resolved after setting my main audio output device to regular speakers through AUX cord or HDMI, if i used my Turtle beach wireless headset that sends sound via USB, then the problem happens consistently.

This fixes the problem for me as well, I'm using a wireless turtle beach ear force stealth 450 headset, and switching my PC's main audio device before starting Mordhau to anything else besides that sees the game run fine, splash screen and everything. This fix also solved an issue in a different unreal 4 game I have, Squad, in which the splash video would not play but after a long black screen the game would load and run fine, using the fix everything works as intended.
Side note to a side note:
I have been able to get Mordhau to run while still using my headset, but only through a process of opening the application and alt+F4'ing at the first sign of a bug, after a few attempts (ranging anywhere from 2 attempts to 30) the game will load into a black screen for a few moments then loads the main menu and I can play without trouble until the next time I need to load the application. As annoying as it is, this will probably remain my main method for loading Mordhau until a fix for this bug is addressed, because I would rather deal with that then play with a bad audio setup and no mic. Also, just wana give a quick thank you to the community members and devs for their continued support and suggestions towards fixing these issues.

Knight 1269 3811
  • 22 Sep '17
 Frise

If you start the throw weapon animation but get flinched right before the weapon is thrown, you will still have your weapon but a duplicate will appear on the map.

Baron 1647 5234
  • 22 Sep '17
 Lincs

Minor graphical error here...

Equipping the coat of plates alt with the gothic arms will cause the torso underneath the armor to be transparent. You can see the ground through your player in third person.

Countess 1233 2912
  • 23 Sep '17
 Whisper

Graphical

I added 500 bots and things got crazy
20170922222004_1.jpg

Mercenary 112 315
  • 23 Sep '17
 Racemate

There's something wrong with this spot: bots get stuck over there often. Last one wasn't beheaded it just had dove into the stone:

Mordhau  20-09-2017 18_09.jpg
Mordhau  19-09-2017 23_32.jpg
Mordhau  19-09-2017 23_32_1.jpg

Knight 37 35

@Whisper said:
Graphical

I added 500 bots and things got crazy
20170922222004_1.jpg

I added 100 bots and things happened that shouldn't be happening.20170921175427_1.jpg

Duchess 6897 9885
  • 23 Sep '17
 Sir Zombie

Tbf you aren't supposed to do that

273 444
  • 23 Sep '17
 YOLANDIVISSER

Helmet textures not rendering completely. Blurry.

20170923133853_1.jpg

1 1
  • 23 Sep '17
 JohnTheFaptist35

when I attempt to join a game my pc crashes. I've tried 4 times now and same thing every time. I have gtx 1080 and 16 gb of ram win 10 and i7

Countess 1233 2912
  • 23 Sep '17
 Whisper

@JohnTheFaptist35 said:
when I attempt to join a game my pc crashes. I've tried 4 times now and same thing every time. I have gtx 1080 and 16 gb of ram win 10 and i7

Make sure you're fully updated, and then try to verify cache?

Knight 54 108
  • 24 Sep '17
 HandsOffMyStoner

It seems as though one cannot jump whilst holding Alt.

Knight 331 456
  • 24 Sep '17
 TwistedFox

Headtracking goes too far, I can see people inside walls below me and its feaking me out.20170924123254_1.jpg
20170924123022_1.jpg
20170924123254_1.jpg

273 444
  • 24 Sep '17
 YOLANDIVISSER

When equipped with just a shield and no weapon, kicking is impossible as is punching