Mordhau

First Impressions Thread

98 612
  • 10 Sep '17
 Spook — UI

Hi all, welcome to the Mordhau alpha test! It's a pleasure to have you finally playing our game.

• Our primary goal for the alpha test is to ensure both game client and server stability, as well as making sure the basic combat fundamentals work properly. This means we're looking at performance (fps, crashes) and connection (ping, packet loss), both of which vary considerably depending on your hardware configuration and location.
  • Weapon balance isn't a high priority in these early tests
  • Bugs and broken things are to be expected, that's what you're here to help us find and fix. Report them in the appropriate thread

With that out of the way, let's hear your thoughts! Here are a few prompts to get you thinking, you aren't required to answer them if you don't want to, there's no right or wrong response:

• Which weapons and armor combinations are you enjoying the most? Got any favorites yet?
  • How's the feel of the combat? Too fast? Too slow? Do people die too quickly?
  • Does it feel too hard to fight multiple opponents?
  • What do you think of the mechanics? Are chambers or parries too difficult?
  • Have you had any memorable/notable experiences? Were they positive or negative?
  • What do you think of the maps? How are the layouts and environment art? Any favorites?
  • Have you had any frustrating experiences?
  • If you could change one thing about the game, what would it be?
98 612
  • 10 Sep '17
 Spook — UI

This topic has been pinned.

12 14
  • 12 Sep '17
 12thManArmy

the speed of everything feels a little to slow.. the parry and kick definately to slow.
Graphics and maps look great!!

Knight 200 557
  • 12 Sep '17
 Mr_Obliviousness

How do I use my alternate mode with my weapon?

1890 912

Honestly, i'm impressed.

Still have to get the feel for the attack directions, but i already love the matrixing, and i love the jumping (i feel like a fucking ninja!). Two of which i will be doing constantly.

Also i love how much distance we cover when we attack.

Knight 2372 5990
  • 12 Sep '17
 Rattsknecht

A FUCJKING MAZIUNG

Duchess 13 52
  • 12 Sep '17
 Rosy

Was really surprised at how choppy everything was. I use a Toshiba Satellite laptop, which certainly doesn't do me any favors. However, on runescape mode in chiv I can get a consistent 40-60 fps at any given moment. In the alpha, I struggled to break the 20 fps threshold without lowering the resolution scaling to absolute garbage levels.

Servers also didn't work for me, no matter the location and ping. I'd click join or double click on the desired server and my game would try to load for 5 minutes, go through the loading tips, then crash back to the main menu saying "error - lost connection to server." Had to do local play with Seymour instead.

All around, happy to be a part of the alpha, but hot damn is it not looking good for me...

1890 912

Bruh seriously, my footwork was amazing in chivalry, i was slippery as fuck, but in mordhau, hoollllyy shit, its about be Godlike, i can feel it.

1890 912

Probably something most people won't notice or appreciate, but i also LOVE how fast crouch is in Mordhau, it also works extremely well with slashes. So i can swing, and then quickly crouch to make it go to the persons legs. FUCKING AMAZING.

1890 912

Bruh, i'm jumping like a ninja past these sluggish knights like its NOTHING omg i love it!!

Mercenary 34 40
  • 12 Sep '17
 Uktuli

Headbob animation is way too much. Health is too low? Death comes quickly.

1890 912

Dude seriously, whoever implemented the jumps i love you! I can jump backwards sooo far!!

I'll take mordhau jumps, speed, footwork, better matrixing, ANYDAY, over chiv and its dodge mechanic.

1890 912

I'm slippery as FUCK! Niggas can't touch me!

Duke 616 818
  • 12 Sep '17
 Stumpy

Smooth gameplay. Chambering is hard but should be since its high risk high reward and a master of chambers could potentially be unstoppable.

I got spawnkilled alot on team deathmatch, maybe add a 2-3 second spawn protection so you have the ability to orientate yourself before already having a zweihander stuck inside your visor.

Also where is the Longsword, Royal Gauntlets and my Royal Helmet?

GOLDGRILLZWHEN

Knight 106 187
  • 12 Sep '17
 Crim

Someone threw a weapon into my face, I survived but it was blocking my view. Not sure if you can pull it out of yourself or not...

Loving the game!

Knight 797 787
  • 12 Sep '17
 afiNity

Great first impression. Of course I have to get used to the combat mechanics but the game feels very smooth and is already more fun and less clunky than chivalry is after 5 years.
The only thing that I don't like right now is that the servers rotate between the different gamemodes instead of staying on one (for example tdm).

2155 4155
  • 12 Sep '17
 Maci

One thing that's currently annoying is that you can't pull a weapon out and throw it away, without first getting a free hand.
Kind of sucks if you get a weapon in your head mid-fight and can't see shit. lol

Got a DC just now, but aside of that and some hits not connecting here and there it's rock stable. The performance is really great!

Knight 2307 4883
  • 12 Sep '17
 Survii

HOLY

FUCKING

SHIT

IT'S

SO

GOOD

Duke 6717 9328
  • 12 Sep '17
 Sir Zombie

Feels very different
Very nice
good game
Art very good
nice UI
yes yes

Knight 54 68
  • 12 Sep '17
 DoubleK

It's already a thousand times better than Chiv. I still suck but I love it. Anyone knows the command to show FPS? The ones I tried don't work