Mordhau
Mordhau Merch
Check out our merch shop!

Development Blog #3: Customization

Knight 1061 2850
  • 28 Jul '16
 Valmirius

@King Peasant the Ruthless said:
I WAS JUST WATCHING VALMIRIUS' VIDEO ABOUT THIS DEV BLOG AND RELOADED THE PAGE BOOM DEV BLOG #3 NICE FINALLY MY DREAMS CAME TRUE NOW I CAN DIE PEACEFULLY I LOVE YOU ALL

Coincidence? I think not. I did my best for Joe, it just wasn't enough.

The devblog was short and sweet, I expect the next one is going to get a lot of traffic.

Coming: Much later™ than soon™

Knight 3313 6811
  • 28 Jul '16
 Bodkin

Screw pommels

The Lute shall end him rightly

Knight 590 690
  • 28 Jul '16
 Garou

Its also really interesting to slow the video down to .25 to see the combat mechanics precisely.

Count 1452 3389
  • 28 Jul '16
 Smokingbobs

@TheEmeraldArcher said:
Screw pommels

The Lute shall end him rightly

Unwind strings and strangle someone with it.

Baron 119 122
  • 28 Jul '16
 Arctomys_

God that was fucking awesome

Knight 3313 6811
  • 28 Jul '16
 Bodkin

Will one be able to bring the lute into their loadout or will it only be a pickup weapon?

If you can equip it, I swear every clan will have a official Bard-arian

italicised text

Count 1452 3389
  • 28 Jul '16
 Smokingbobs

@TheEmeraldArcher said:
Will one be able to bring the lute into their loadout or will it only be a pickup weapon?

If you can equip it, I swear every clan will have a official Bard-arian

italicised text

Following the trend of how profound everything about Mordhau is I expect to see a deep lute playing system.

pls

Knight 3313 6811
  • 28 Jul '16
 Bodkin

Oh thats already confirmed bobs

You play notes by looking in different directions before hitting m1. Like how you angle the strikes.

And apparently you can also flip it around with the alt stance to beat people to death with it

Count 1452 3389
  • 28 Jul '16
 Smokingbobs

@TheEmeraldArcher said:
Oh thats already confirmed bobs

You play notes by looking in different directions before hitting m1. Like how you angle the strikes.

And apparently you can also flip it around with the alt stance to beat people to death with it

Can't wait to get together and play seven nation army with 20 people.

Knight 5410 7408
  • 28 Jul '16
 Humble Staff

I just pressed enter after typing "Mordhau.com" and the dev blog 3 appeared in front of my eyes, my crotch exploded. Excelent job devs, you make this game better and more promising with each passing day. OMG THE LUTE, if these coments are right, it would be hilarious being capable of playing music to raise the morale (flavor thing, no real bonus) of your team and when someone gets pushy you put them in their place crashing their skulls with the lute, just gorgeous. I mean, imagine 2 or 3 people playing the lute, advancing while making more complex music with melody and accompaniment and then switching the grip of the lute to charge going full ham.

Count 41 22
  • 28 Jul '16
 MontythePython

Omg.. Amazing thing to wake up to. Was checking every day multiple times like a mad thirsty man looking out for this..
Has only made me more thirsty though.

image.jpeg

Baron 725 1307
1 1
  • 29 Jul '16
 Hardzle

Game looks amazing. Great work devs!

28 5
  • 29 Jul '16
 Random

FINALLY!!

1 1
  • 29 Jul '16
 Takonbo

Not sure if this has been mentioned yet but will there be knifes/daggers?
And if so, how could they be balanced?

Count 671 1131
  • 29 Jul '16
 Zexis

Ser Lucio with the lute, he shall droppeth the beat

@Takonbo said:
Not sure if this has been mentioned yet but will there be knifes/daggers?
And if so, how could they be balanced?

I'd imagine low damage, low reach, high speed

5 4
  • 30 Jul '16
 snake

hey im making a map for you game its going to take around four months to make im pretty decent at making maps im using the unreal 4 engine map maker if you want me to make a team deathmatch map reply to this comment if you want me to work on a map it would mean a lot im a big fan of mordhau thank you

5 4
  • 30 Jul '16
 snake

hey i'm making a map for you game i'm going to put a lot of work in making this map.. i'm pretty decent at making maps i'm using the unreal 4 engine map maker if you want me to make a team deathmatch map reply to this comment if you want me to work on a map it would mean a lot i'm a big fan of mordhau thank you

1757 1417
  • 30 Jul '16
 Rergato

When can we expect to see an actual duel between developers? I know we already saw it in the first devblog but it'd be cool to see more fights that actually look like fights, the bots make it look a tiny bit boring imo

1090 6149
  • 30 Jul '16
 crushed — Art

Most of the duels in the intro footage are against a developer. That said there might be a gameplay video in the near future