Mordhau

Early playtests

Knight 590 690
  • 8 Sep '17
 Garou

I don't mind triternion grabbing a few early testers, I'll get the game soon enough.

Mercenary 2188 3902
  • 8 Sep '17
 EruTheTeapot

Its about it looking like favoritism without any info on it tbh, at least for me

Mercenary 83 73

@Spanky said:

@DerFurst said:

trusty

Yeah, because some random guy who argues on the forums who got fucking MILKED is trustworthy, sure he's popular but that's it.

Oh well do u talk about that guy who got global banned in chiv? very trusty

Baron 1226 1617
  • 8 Sep '17
 Carlo_Mano

@GIRUGIRU said:
very rude people in this thread that i've never spoke to in my life

He has a point, you guys should stop pretend to be better than Chiv toxic community and be that childish in the same time.

All those people did was being connected, they didn't brag about it. They had the opportunity to play a bit earlier and they accepted, which is what any sane person would do.

Stop bitching.

Knight 254 691

3 Things Going around Causing Havoc in the Community

1 : The Delay and the Soon™

We all can agree that the initial delay of Mordhau™ was upsetting for all of us as the initial "Alpha" Play-test version was set to release. Marox™ explained that a 2 week delay was necessary for the shear fact that upwards of 2.5k players would have access to the alpha and the servers needed more support which is a good call considering that a game like "Day Of Infamy at its Peak only achieved 1.8k. However saying we projected the alpha version to "be done in august" and the initial leaks of private steam chats of what really was going on didn't help at all *(This will later be covered under lack of transparency). In addition to the delay to the delay (Not to throw dirt at the devs for they they have increasing pressure to release the game) Saying Soon™ doesn't help at all because (much like crack cocaine a highly addictive substance) the player base will develop a temporary High with the drawback of wanting more information of whats going on in addition killing hope on a personal level being that they backed a game they thought would surpass their expectations becuase of the unforeseen consequences (HL1 Reference / Seriously though Not trying to apply Pressure)

2 : Lack of Transparency

The monthly Newsletters are fine and dandy when they are honest. Following the months proceeding to august the news letters reflected upon the monthly achievements of the devs in the form of in game screenshots of weapons, maps, and pre-alpha game mechanics however only 1 (#16 talks about the delay happening a heads up for the delay would have helped) in the 16 news letters did they mentioned projected time or news in regards to making the deadline. The community learned of the delay after Whisper leaked a screenshot of Sammy's chat with marox ( https://uploads.mordhau.com/spirit/images/1165/f11174b2434f56bff6e373377483efab.png ) . Having to dig through forums for any relevant news from a random comment shouldn't be the proper way to go. Not to mention the constant Soon™ going around from all people including devs (Again i'm not trying to throw dirt) make things worse.

3 : Community Speculation

Simply type Delay into the search bar to see what I mean. When we lack information on the game and are high on Soon™ we tend to get conspiratorial which doesn't help as it clouds the already limited information a prime example would be this the very creator of this thread as limited information and a provocative name for the thread (They Played Mordhau Before You Did Backers Hate Them {Explanation}) was surely enough to cause a storm. I too have participated in these events and i feel ashamed for it for I got the information wrong about "SpaceWar" which could have cause confusion instead of conducting a proper assessment of the evidence at hand validating their credibility. Things like rare sightings of " X Player In Game" from people that aren't established staff who clearly are playing Mordhau™ only serves to cause an uproar. Let me remind us all that thousands of us payed to play a game in its alpha stage acknowledging that the game would be missing some core content and features. We want to be testing the game as a community and not to be dictated by a set of privileged people. For Example trump (God emperor) payed $10,000 USD to play the game yet a youtuber with the status of knight (whom was in the chivalry competitive scene) was able to play before him the god emperor (feel free to correct me if i'm wrong). .Giving access to random people without prior notification of the community can only cause more confusion.

Sorry for the big response. Its just something that i had to get off my chest. I worked to turn in a 4 page essay of a 1k words so a bit of anger could have leaked into the text above.

Warm Regards,

Mr.Ghost The Flying Flail

P.S Word Count : 633

P.S.S (I'm writing this because i love the game and i hope to see things change for the better)

Knight 1815 2219
  • 8 Sep '17
 Void

@EruTheTeapot said:
I don't really mind few getting in to "test" before all other testers but this isn't Games Launch, I don't think many of the alpha testers would be mad about some server issues at first. Sure smoother the better but nobody is expecting a polished finished game at alpha .

Eru, it's not about some server issues that can be fixed later. They got those guys in to test server providers. It is very important to choose the best and it's something that must be done right from the start.

Knight 100 370
  • 8 Sep '17
 McMercy

wtf giru is BIG man. ur all SMALL xDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
stay mad lmao

Knight 123 143
  • 8 Sep '17
 Chairman

@TheSociopath said:
stay mad lmao

Who the duck are you?

Knight 2604 6901
  • 8 Sep '17
 Rattsknecht

giru's clone army

auticlones

Knight 122 237
  • 8 Sep '17
 Papalopi

@GIRUGIRU said:
very rude people in this thread that i've never spoke to in my life

og melee god

Conscript 294 345
  • 8 Sep '17
 Qwampa

Is giru and bobs from america? They might just test if it works ok in america too.

Knight 100 370
  • 8 Sep '17
 McMercy

@Chairman said:

@TheSociopath said:
stay mad lmao

Who the duck are you?

i am autism

Knight 33 91
  • 8 Sep '17
 TNCWfagsterstaff

@Chairman said:

@TheSociopath said:
stay mad lmao

Who the duck are you?

a god
trust me

Knight 37 26
Baron 48 87
  • 8 Sep '17
 Nagrandt

@Qwampa said:
Is giru and bobs from america? They might just test if it works ok in america too.

You may have hit the nail there

Knight 256 264
  • 8 Sep '17
 CrimsonKing

@MrGhostTheFlyingFlail said:
3 Things Going around Causing Havoc in the Community

1 : The Delay and the Soon™

We all can agree that the initial delay of Mordhua™ was upsetting for all

I respect your comment brother and out of that respect I must inform you that you have made a typo.

You are welcome.

Duke 5485 13099
  • 8 Sep '17
 Jax — Community Manager

Hey, I'm not cancerous, am I?

I do agree that they could have mentioned it, but you guys will be able to play soon enough. There's more than just 3 people that got access, some US, some EU.

Yes, I understand some of you may not like Giru BUT he's very skilled at melee games, pretty articulate (when he wants to be tbh) and can provide some good, meaningful, relevant feedback.

Yes, there are people who payed a ton of money and paid more than Giru, but Triternion knows that Giru understands melee games. Would you rather have it go by who paid the most, thus potentially irrelevant feedback, unskilled players, or potentially untrustworthy people? I'm not saying that the GE or the Kings, Empress, Dukes, etc. are undesirable, but I'd like to think Triternion handpicked a combination of people that have a combination of:

a. won't leak shit
b. understand melee games well
c. have helped the community in one way or another

Mercenary 83 73

@Jax said:
Hey, I'm not cancerous, am I?

I do agree that they could have mentioned it, but you guys will be able to play soon enough. There's more than just 3 people that got access, some US, some EU.

Yes, I understand some of you may not like Giru BUT he's very skilled at melee games, pretty articulate (when he wants to be tbh) and can provide some good, meaningful, relevant feedback.

Yes, there are people who payed a ton of money and paid more than Giru, but Triternion knows that Giru understands melee games. Would you rather have it go by who paid the most, thus potentially irrelevant feedback, unskilled players, or potentially untrustworthy people? I'm not saying that the GE or the Kings, Empress, Dukes, etc. are undesirable, but I'd like to think Triternion handpicked a combination of people that have a combination of:

a. won't leak shit
b. understand melee games well
c. have helped the community in one way or another

didn't know that it's possible to be skilled/unskilled in a game which u've never played before. Anyway, u might me right and i don't wanna complain. But to call the milked guy "trusty" is kinda ridiculous tbh..

Knight 106 188
  • 8 Sep '17
 Crim

"Soon enough"™

No idea what that's means. I just hope they give a meaningful update today, probably sensible either way now, but with a more concrete date.

It doesnt matter how much people paid, anyone who got the alpha tier got it because they wanted to try it as soon as possible. It's understandable some feel it unjust they are not first but second to get the opportunity.

(edit - i actually support the idea of people being selected to make sure everything is as it should be. You haven't suggested the results could mean a further delay, but maybe you aren't allowed to?)

Duke 5485 13099
  • 8 Sep '17
 Jax — Community Manager

@wiener_schnitzel said:

didn't know that it's possible to be skilled/unskilled in a game which u've never played before. Anyway, u might me right and i don't wanna complain. But to call the milked guy "trusty" is kinda ridiculous tbh..

skill and experience from CMW definitely carries over, at least partially. It's the same as someone who put 5k hours in Dota 2 testing out a new Moba, while the mechanics may vary the general idea stays the same, and those experienced in the genre will have a better intuition when it comes to making suggestions.

@Crim said:
"Soon enough"™

No idea what that's means. I just hope they give a meaningful update today, probably sensible either way now, but with a more concrete date.

they didn't tell us when the alpha will drop either, so your guess is as good as mine. I just have a little bit more context.

It doesnt matter how much people paid, anyone who got the alpha tier got it because they wanted to try it as soon as possible. It's understandable some feel it unjust they are not first but second to get the opportunity.

Well, we're on a pre-alpha. I know that's really splitting hairs but there's a lot of UI/quality of life improvements, as well as some tweaks to the game that you guys will see that we aren't right now.

(edit - i actually support the idea of people being selected to make sure everything is as it should be. You haven't suggested the results could mean a further delay, but maybe you aren't allowed to?)

Without saying too much, we essentially all hopped on and the devs monitored the servers to see how they performed, across a bunch of different providers. Things went well - i'm sure there's more testing they want to do, but we didn't discover anything catastrophic going on. Like I said up above, the devs didn't whisper a release date in our ears, so we'll get it when it's ready. I hope it's soon, because everyone else is much better than me, I'm tired of getting stomped. :)