Mordhau

Early playtests

Duke 341 973
  • 7 Sep '17
 Ruby Rhoderick

It's unprofessional of them, that's for sure. It's kind of messed that they'd hand pick a couple people without any sort of announcement to explain their actions. For all we know, the alpha won't drop for another week and these early testers could have the game a week early. Sure, it's not really a big deal, but I do expect at least a small level of communication. This meme "soon" route they've been taking is getting old. Just give us a release date and don't play favorites.

Baron 50 64
  • 7 Sep '17
 A.L.I.E.N

yes........

Mercenary 21 50
  • 7 Sep '17
 Beedrill

@Ruby Rhoderick said:
It's unprofessional of them, that's for sure. It's kind of messed that they'd hand pick a couple people without any sort of announcement to explain their actions. For all we know, the alpha won't drop for another week and these early testers could have the game a week early. Sure, it's not really a big deal, but I do expect at least a small level of communication. This meme "soon" route they've been taking is getting old. Just give us a release date and don't play favorites.

I don't mind it that much, the idea that you'd want a few people in the game earlier to check if people who've never played it can in fact properly launch it, does the steam code work? etc etc. But some more communication that doesn't come down to the Soon™ meme would be way better than what they're currently doing.

Knight 1815 2219
  • 7 Sep '17
 Void

Patience

Knight 2601 6897
  • 7 Sep '17
 Rattsknecht

I still love the devs tbh

Baron 578 965
  • 7 Sep '17
 lash

Let us iiin, this is bullshit

Baron 33 23
  • 7 Sep '17
 Gregs0n

Im so fucking ready
But shes not ready for all of us yet and we're all so sexually aggressive

Knight 39 74

its probably to test the servers with more people outside of the devs to make sure it can handle more. Its no big deal. That being said it would have been great if they filled us in on this plan.

Baron 664 1302
  • 7 Sep '17
 PJ_Ammas

Jesus Christ wait a week. You're all acting like a bunch of rabid retards demanding that the devs explain everything they do to you. Just take it down a notch. It's almost here.

Count 4205 9815
  • 7 Sep '17
 DerFurst

Stouty: hilarious guy and good player who makes scary drawings and helpful/cool videos

GIRU: destroys multiple threads, is irritably egotistical, and brings his posse to bully people into agreeing with him

Dev Team: "I think GIRU deserves to have the alpha first."

1308 2875
  • 7 Sep '17
 Monsteri

soon.PNG

It's alright guys, game's good and really well optimized for a pre-alpha. It won't be long.

2375 4819
  • 7 Sep '17
 Maci

VERY, VERY SOON

324 864
  • 7 Sep '17
 Xatrian

I really don't know what they're thinking, to be honest. Most of the community is understandable about the delay, but it's obvious everyone is irritated by their inability to meet their release dates, and now they simply give it out to some people?

Knight 58 78
  • 7 Sep '17
 男の娘

VERY, VERY, VERY SOON INC

Duke 341 973
  • 7 Sep '17
 Ruby Rhoderick

@Monsteri said:
soon.PNG

It's alright guys, game's good and really well optimized for a pre-alpha. It won't be long.

That really doesn't tell us anything new.

Duke 986 1381
  • 7 Sep '17
 PadanFain

God i hate Crush

Knight 3135 7293
Knight 4 5
  • 8 Sep '17
 Frodj

ETA?

Knight 1061 2849
  • 8 Sep '17
 Valmirius

Apparently they needed more people to test 16 player servers, which I found amusing given that they have 10-13 devs (including outsourced guys? I've lost track now) and 3 moderators. However not all devs can be on at the same time and they don't have many NA devs to test with.

Could they have used family and close friends (non affiliated with Chiv) instead? Probably. Is this a somewhat slimy, nepotist move given that Marox said they'd never be a closed pre-alpha for Mordhau; we'd all get it at the same time as most crowdfunded games tend to go in terms of reward tiers? Yeah. Is this choice better in the long run compared to randomised (and not necessarily useful or trustworthy) testers? Absolutely. No pain - no gain.

I think their hearts are definitely in the right place, but Triternion needs to be wary of contradicting themselves, and ultimately needs to be more transparent. Most people won't mind the NDA contradiction, but this one is somewhat ironic in combination with that one.

Also guys: I love you but please stop giving release estimates/ dates. These people run away with them. It's your only objective mistake over the last two years, and it gets you burnt time and time again. Here's hoping you meet this one! I'm sure you will this time!