Mordhau

Weapons, new team members, and more

569 2056
  • 3 Dec '15
 marox — Project Lead

Before we get to the good stuff, we would like to remind you that IndieDB is running the "Indie of the Year" awards, if you feel like supporting us, we'd really appreciate your vote! Just click here to go to our IndieDB page and then click vote. You may need to be registered on the site.

Over the last month we've been joined by two more developers. Grator has joined us as a 3D artist, working for now primarily on weapon models, whereas crush will be helping out with level design and animations. Both of them have previously released content on the Chivalry workshop, which has subsequently made it into the base game, so you may be familiar with some of their work already!

Here is some of the work Grator has already completed for Mordhau, the arming sword and halberd customizable sets rendered in real-time inside Unreal Engine 4:

2.png

3.png

4.png

5.png

6.png

66 258
  • 8 Dec '15
 Grator — Art

Thanks for the warm welcome, so far it's been a pleasure working with you guys and can't wait to let the community some more weapons that I've been working on. The textures on those screenshots are very much work in progress but you can already see the kind of designs that I see for Mordhau.

If anybody has any questions or suggestions regarding weapons you can post it in the forums and chances are I'll probably see it :)

8 7
  • 22 Dec '15
 TheFatNinja

@Grator said:
Thanks for the warm welcome, so far it's been a pleasure working with you guys and can't wait to let the community some more weapons that I've been working on. The textures on those screenshots are very much work in progress but you can already see the kind of designs that I see for Mordhau.

If anybody has any questions or suggestions regarding weapons you can post it in the forums and chances are I'll probably see it :)

Very nice work there! One thing I would like to see is lances. But that's probably far fetched. Keep up the great work!

3 7
  • 29 Dec '15
 HEXEN

Welcome, and congratulations to all the team members. This is looking really solid!

Keep it up guys!

1285 679
  • 29 Dec '15
 vanguard

You guys are all amazing tbh, I wish the best to you all! Keep the excellent work guys!

934 435
  • 29 Dec '15
 CACommanderGuts

So when can we hug you all in person? and I'm talking big long awkward hugs. Pax prime? Pax south? Gamescom?

3505 4323
  • 29 Dec '15
 ToLazy4Name

yo if there's a Mordhau meetup i'll legitimately go to that shit

1553 1653
  • 30 Dec '15
 Jax

Stand by for lots of awkward hugs

1553 1653
  • 30 Dec '15
 Jax

Stand by for lots of awkward hugs

934 435
  • 30 Dec '15
 CACommanderGuts

You can say that again^

76 50
  • 4 Jan '16
 Arctomys_

yo mordhau meetup when

32 11
  • 30 Jan '16
 MrRag

meeting at marox's place, bohurt league incoming

743 757
  • 30 Jan '16
 Steve Pigeon

@MrRag said:
meeting at marox's place, bohurt league incoming

I'd actually come to a Mordhau fan meet, no matter where as long as plane ticket is not too expensive.

713 667

Aw yis, halberds. I'm excited.

32 11
  • 5 Feb '16
 MrRag

Mord-CON, let the dream be real?
For more realism, come dressed up like this:
inflatable-ballerina-adult-costume-bc-31977.jpg

743 757
  • 6 Feb '16
 Steve Pigeon

@MrRag said:
Mord-CON, let the dream be real?
For more realism, come dressed up like this:
inflatable-ballerina-adult-costume-bc-31977.jpg

Most of us wouldn't need a custome filled with air to get that body shape. :^ )

4 5
  • 8 Feb '16
 PieFlavoredPie

Wow! This is looking so promising so far! Great work everyone.
<(actual expression right now)

1330 1557

A weapon I would be so happy to see in this game would be a "Pole Flail" or "Peasant Flail" which is a polearm derived from a common farming tool used to thresh wheat, but weaponized with studs and spikes.

flail_hussite_war_weapon_b

http://www.necropraxis.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/Flail-2.png - this one appears to have a solid steel bar for a head

These things have been shown in medieval art pieces of war, as shown here

TriumpfzugFlail

L%C3%BCtzelburger_Hohlbein_K%C3%A4mpfende_Bauern

Obviously the advantages of this weapon would be effectiveness vs armor and range (and even being able to hit around a parry if you all go that far with it), but i imagine it would be quite unwieldy given the counterforces on your grip given from the weighted head flailing around, meanin it would be a slower weapon.

Anyhow, I think this simple but brutal weapon would be a fun weapon to use.

A video of a Flail user vs a Broadsword + Buckler Shield fighter

1 6
  • 15 Feb '16
 sumitsharma

Hi,

My name is Sumit Sharma. I am new member of the community and i like to say hello to all members.

32 11
  • 18 Feb '16
 MrRag

@sumitsharma said:
Hi,

My name is Sumit Sharma. I am new member of the community and i like to say hello to all members.

Welcome :)