Mordhau

Some armor thoughts.

40 79
  • 20 Dec '16
 Alphonse

Have the devs mentioned if 'advanced' or rather, prettier, finishes will be unlockables through rank/luck/DLC?

Vanilla Rocket League, for example, comes with 10 or so paints for your car, and in some DLCs you can get new finishes (like metallic pearl, sun damaged, etc). I'm not sure if that's desirable, but I'd be willing to pay for fancy engravings on my armor.

@Jax said:
or paint your sallet a specific set of colors.

Yes, please. I want this finish for my sallet with the words DEUS VULT.
dc742639404332b4d7660a32397ec7b4.jpeg

Plate tints shouldn't be available in all colors though. I'd vomit the minute some fat looking model lunges at me with a lime colored suit of armor that looked more like anodized aluminum.

2389 1875
  • 20 Dec '16
 CaptainGaymer

They are still discussing whether Gold/Silver/Platinum tints on weapons and armor should be unlockable at a high level o available from the get go

281 214
  • 20 Dec '16
 Carlo_Mano

The penis armour, should be the highest lvl unlock

@Survii said:
knight.jpg

33 36
  • 20 Dec '16
 Punzybobo

Penis armor

I believe that's called a cod-piece.

53 91
  • 20 Dec '16
 Survii

@Punzybobo said:

Penis armor

i thought it was knob-gaurd?

5 3
  • 20 Dec '16
 Peregr1ne

Spanish and French knight armour looks good if you ask me. Would be good to see it in the game.

As for archer armour, there doesn't seem to be anything that looks too good in my opinion. If I had to pick though, i'd probably go with English.

33 36
  • 20 Dec '16
 Punzybobo

@Peregr1ne said:
Spanish and French knight armour looks good if you ask me. Would be good to see it in the game.

As for archer armour, there doesn't seem to be anything that looks too good in my opinion. If I had to pick though, i'd probably go with English.

Sallet? Kettle hat? These look nice for archers, and I think they're of French origin?AreYouSerious.jpg

743 760
  • 20 Dec '16
 Steve Pigeon

@CaptainGaymer said:
They are still discussing whether Gold/Silver/Platinum tints on weapons and armor should be unlockable at a high level o available from the get go

Maybe the game should check for your comp. Overwatch rank and unlock the tint of your current rank. :^ )

1618 950
  • 20 Dec '16
 Humble Staff

@Punzybobo said:

Penis armor

It is called a cod-piece yes, but historians also call it DPD (dick protection device) for the lulz.

Edit: just realised i got my facts messed up, that is just called cod-piece, what i was refering about was DPU (dick protection unit) which is the name of a piece of armor that does not have a specific name that appeared at the late 14th century.

Double edit: i better put this here to back up my shit

2389 1875
  • 20 Dec '16
 CaptainGaymer

funny meme steve pigeon

3026 2816
  • 20 Dec '16
 Sammy

ovurwetch is best comp game of last univese

53 91
  • 20 Dec '16
 Survii

overwatch reeks of waifu bait

5 3
  • 22 Dec '16
 Peregr1ne

@Punzybobo said:
Sallet? Kettle hat? These look nice for archers, and I think they're of French origin?

Managed to find a Sallet I like the look of:
Millanese archer sallet.png

1330 1565

Norse Archers tended to be just as suit up as any other footman, with full chain mail + arming jacket if they were professional soldiers (at the height of the Viking era there was no plate so this was state of the art)

The English Archers tended to be fairly well armored as well.

The reason for this being that the Norse and English archers both also acted as light infantry and were armed to the damn teeth for this role. Much of the English archers success was due to their versatility on the battlefield, not merely their archery ability

3026 2816
  • 23 Dec '16
 Sammy

@TheEmeraldArcher said:
Norse Archers tended to be just as suit up as any other footman, with full chain mail + arming jacket if they were professional soldiers (at the height of the Viking era there was no plate so this was state of the art)

The English Archers tended to be fairly well armored as well.

The reason for this being that the Norse and English archers both also acted as light infantry and were armed to the damn teeth for this role. Much of the English archers success was due to their versatility on the battlefield, not merely their archery ability

REPRESENTING ENGLAND

1330 1565

England and the U.S. have a lot in common honestly

My ancestors were English anyway, with some Scottish and Cherokee to spice things up

This is what my family has always said though. I always have wanted to get a DNA test just to find out for certain

968 1310
  • 23 Dec '16
 DerFurst

@TheEmeraldArcher said:
England and the U.S. have a lot in common honestly

My ancestors were English anyway, with some Scottish and Cherokee to spice things up

This is what my family has always said though. I always have wanted to get a DNA test just to find out for certain

till you find out 54% Ashkenazi Jew, 42% West African, 3% East Asian, 1% Australian Aborigine

33 36
  • 23 Dec '16
 Punzybobo

54% Ashkenazi Jew

Mr.Hilter.png