Mordhau

Neutral unarmed stance

2 5
  • 10 Jan
 Madcat

Hello

I think this game looks very promising and only have a small suggestion about animations. A pet peeve of mine that I've seen in some other games.

When sheathing a weapon or changing to your fists I think it would look better if the player adopted a "neutral pose" like they do in mount and blade or jedi knight, instead of the exaggerated boxing pose that you can't get out of like in chivalry. In Chivalry the weapon animations poses looked less threatening and aggressive then the unarmed pose. It should really be the other way around as many players unequip their weapons to signal that they are not a threat to you and it looks odd if there are 10 players out of combat but looking like they are in combat.

I haven't seen what it looks like in Mordhau but incase it looks anything like it does in Chivalry I thought I should mention it.
Thanks!

1620 952

I support your idea, i myself suggested it in the past, can't remember if devs replied to it but many forum members agreed in that it is a little detail that adds to inmersion so i guess it's a posibility.
Btw welcome to the forums, be prepared for quite a while of waiting (or don't, Kickstarter may pop up any of these days)

P.S: first.

855 1389
  • 10 Jan
 Smokingbobs

Agreed. Switching to boxing mode the moment you get disarmed looks kind of silly. These things are obviously WIP, but it can't hurt to notify the devs anyway :]

3038 2818
  • 10 Jan
 Sammy

I'm 100% certain that fists counts as a weapon and must be "drawn" for you to enter the melee stance, there is definitely a neutral stance going by the Dev blogs, even Slasher had it like this.

9 5
  • 10 Jan
 Ceegal

I guess they can use the key they already set to change weapon stances (regular/halfsword) and use that to switch between neutral and SQUARE UP mode for the fists.

3512 4344
  • 10 Jan
 ToLazy4Name

@Sammy said:
I'm 100% certain that fists counts as a weapon and must be "drawn" for you to enter the melee stance, there is definitely a neutral stance going by the Dev blogs, even Slasher had it like this.

This.

570 380

@ToLazy4Name said:

@Sammy said:

This.

This.

569 2056
  • 11 Jan
 marox — Project Lead

There is a neutral stance, we just don't switch to it automatically anymore on disarms and switch to fists instead, which is basically a "weapon". You can switch to it manually though with 0.

855 1389
  • 11 Jan
 Smokingbobs

@marox said:
There is a neutral stance, we just don't switch to it automatically anymore on disarms and switch to fists instead, which is basically a "weapon". You can switch to it manually though with 0.

This.

2 5
  • 11 Jan
 Madcat

@marox said:

Ah good to know. That's even better!

570 380

@Smokingbobs said:

@marox said:

This.

Yes

3512 4344
  • 11 Jan
 ToLazy4Name

@marox said:

This.

386 265
  • 11 Jan
 Etrius

@marox said:

That.

1437 937
  • 12 Jan
 mrjoe

@marox said:

He.

1333 1566

@mrjoe said:

@marox said:

He.

She

281 216
  • 13 Jan
 Carlo_Mano

@marox said:

That's it!