Mordhau

About death cam + listen servers

7 15
  • 10 Jan
 Arkray

Hello again. I have two questions/suggestions

As I can see in all Mordhau videos death cam is first person, ok, it looks cool, but I would like to be able to choose for the 3erd person cam as well, an option, so every one can choose whatever he/she prefers. 3rd person death cam is awesome and funny as you can then watch at what parts of you body you lost and the finishers the adversary decides to use, yes, I'm talking about chivalry death cam style, I like it.

The other question is if we will have the option to create 'listen servers' to play with friends. I know this option was only in chivalry like two years after release, but it is a cool option I use a lot, just asking if it is being considered, will be considered, for the future.

Thanks for making the game and cheers to the community!

563 375

What in the nine hells even is a "listen server"?

277 209
  • 10 Jan
 Carlo_Mano

It's the shitty 'hosted by players' type of server. Like in many console games...

3012 2801
  • 10 Jan
 Sammy

Eww, fuck off no.

3505 4323
  • 10 Jan
 ToLazy4Name

@Sammy said:
Eww, fuck off no.

To what? Listen servers or 3p death cams?

Fuck the cams tbh but listen servers would be good imho tbh

3012 2801
  • 10 Jan
 Sammy

@ToLazy4Name said:

@Sammy said:
Eww, fuck off no.

To what? Listen servers or 3p death cams?

Fuck the cams tbh but listen servers would be good imho tbh

3rd person cams.

527 687
  • 10 Jan
 Valmirius

If listen servers were a thing I'd prefer they were a separate category that you could easily distinguish from dedicated servers and the filters accounted for their presence by letting you hide or show them.

2385 1872

listen servers played like garbage, why would you want them

3505 4323
  • 10 Jan
 ToLazy4Name

@CaptainGaymer said:
listen servers played like garbage, why would you want them

So that people can play private matches with their friends?

2385 1872

but you could just make your own dedicated server and put a pass on it and it'll play much better

3505 4323
  • 10 Jan
 ToLazy4Name

@CaptainGaymer said:
but you could just make your own dedicated server and put a pass on it and it'll play much better

Or you could make a listen server and not go through all the shit of setting up a real server.

3012 2801
  • 10 Jan
 Sammy

As long as it's not like For Honor where every server is a listen server, it's cool.

1285 679
  • 10 Jan
 vanguard

Make 3rd person death cam optional, why not? I see no reason to not do it tbh, unless its too much work

3012 2801
  • 11 Jan
 Sammy

@vanguard said:
Make 3rd person death cam optional, why not? I see no reason to not do it tbh, unless its too much work

Seeing where you got hit from is bad imho

1285 679
  • 11 Jan
 vanguard

Ah I see why it would be bad (I guess), if so then disable it for the comp mode, that is, if this game is going to have a official comp mode like CSGO where you get punished for being a cunt even and shit (otherwise the community itself will ban it, like third person in comp chiv is banned). Otherwise, if its just casual play, I really don't see the problem, its casual after all. In fact even from a comp point of view, I don't see how chiv-like 3rd person view could be bad tbh, but I don't mind either.

Maybe if its like team fortress, where it zooms on the person who killed u, that I find rather bad man I mean, I don't get why games have that, it spoils the fun of campers imo.

Point being, the more options we have about details like this, more people get happy about the game and is within the game's philosophy of great customization possibilities.

277 209
  • 11 Jan
 Carlo_Mano

Death cam was in 1stP in the early days of chivalry, I miss that. It was fun when you get decapped and saw sky/ground/sky/ground/sky/ground...
Could be even funnier here since you can play football with heads in mordhau ^^

7 15
  • 11 Jan
 Arkray

'Listen Servers', by default, can only be seen by your steam friends and if all them are on the same city/country they have much better pings than in any official server, a part that the fun level is much MUCH higher without random players. You who haven't tried should have to, with friends. There are tweaks that can make them public, but I'm not interested in those.

Setting a real dedicated server is troublesome just for having some fun from time to time.

And I never said 3rd cam for playing, I do NOT like it, never, what I said was make it optional for death cam only :(

And For Honor is not hosted by players, what I saw in the beta is that it was hosted by ubisoft servers, horrible connection issues.

Thx!

563 375

Oh yeah, making your own tempoary server would be VERY nice

124 73
  • 11 Jan
 Ƭheodore

@Sammy said:
Eww, fuck off no.

it's the "create game" option in chivalry. so you can easily host a game for you and your friends. he's not suggesting that the official servers should work this way.

3012 2801
  • 11 Jan
 Sammy

@Ƭheodore said:

@Sammy said:
Eww, fuck off no.

it's the "create game" option in chivalry. so you can easily host a game for you and your friends. he's not suggesting that the official servers should work this way.

I meant third person death cams you fucking dipshit commie cunt.