Mordhau

Steam release. Is it a good idea?

15 5
  • 23 Dec '16
 Qwampa

As far as I know, you plan to release the beta independently, and release the full game on Steam.
Releasing the game on Steam obviously has it's advantages, as it makes the process standardised. Makes downloading, updating, patching easier, therefore attracts wider audience, provides advertisements...
On the other side, it comes with disadvantages. The game becomes dependent of Steam. DRM restrictions, legal restrictions and income needs to be split. At times when Steam has problems, the game becomes unplayable as well.
Such as right now.
So is it really the best choice to release the game on Steam?

567 379
  • 23 Dec '16
 SirZombiethe3rd

Yes. Steam is a great platform in my perspective. It rarely has problems and even then, you can still play offline. Also the benefits far outweigh the disadvantages imho. The increased amount of people that will pay for the game helps both the devs and us players. DRM and legal restrictions would be a problem anyway, so Steam saves gigantic amounts of work in that department.

Note: This is from an outside perspective of a person who has never made a game imho.

1437 937
  • 23 Dec '16
 mrjoe

They already said they are going to use steam. Alpha/beta testers whatever will get a product key to activate in the steam library, I believe. I could of misread what one of the devs said but im certain blah blah blah

3026 2816
  • 23 Dec '16
 Sammy

UPLAY RELEASE?????

571 426
  • 23 Dec '16
 afiNity

I'm fine with steam

756 811
1618 950
  • 24 Dec '16
 Humble Staff

BATTLE.NET WHEN

567 379
  • 24 Dec '16
 SirZombiethe3rd

YOUR LOCAL CRACKHOUSE

67 38
  • 25 Dec '16
 Doggo

I say they make Mordhau into a flash browser game
More accessibility therefore, bigger audience
Mordhau Newgrounds ?¿?¿?¿?¿

3026 2816
  • 25 Dec '16
 Sammy

RELESE MORDHAU APPSTOR

43 50
  • 25 Dec '16
 Papalopi

Steam going down on the 23rd when everyone is buying presents for people on their friends list is surprising anyone?

53 91
  • 27 Dec '16
 Survii

ahemplayerbasesizeahem

75 56
  • 27 Dec '16
 das

How else would they release the game? Steam is going to make them hundreds of thousands more than any other route.

583 584
 Ranten

Implying the game will ever release

567 379

@Ranten said:
Implying the game will ever release

Implying there even is a game

1618 950

Implying you two want Lazy to kill himself.

567 379

@Humble Staff said:

Implying that he isn't already dead

53 91
 Survii

@SirZombiethe3rd said:

@Humble Staff said:

Implying that you didn't kill him

3511 4342

Implying anyone on this forum outside of Jax, Guts or Crush is even capable of killing me.

567 379

@Survii said:

@SirZombiethe3rd said:

Implying that you didn't kill him

Didn't actually imply that tbh